On Jazz

GPD

• Members

Lungs filled with breath the sound enters all at ounce beating the backbone as the snare sits like keys in a pocket the bass creeping up like demented theives of night to strike out at children.

Trumpet holds a beat and blows soft winded phrases the piano crashes atop vaulted shores of cliffs at moonlight sits holding downwind.

Amid the scuffle the bassist sits head down in silent contemplation of the socks still hanging above the bath in the one room apartment while sliding up notes to fill in the gaps and patch holes like thread in spools.

Thirteenth chorus the band picks up speed as the boy behind the set comes to and realizes location doesn't matter if we get there fast brushing by trees like animals scattering after the sound of thunder.

Piano man signals a pause with series of downward chords dripping as rain from skyscrapers of old while leaning towards the microphone to say his peace "My woman done left me dry" he cooly purred a cat in heat on the fence between yards.

Bassist hits the note chords change shapes drummer hits cymbals like swatting a fly that's been in the room taunting the cat for hours.

Four cats lay it down for all to see in backalley bar amid the hookers and gin and silent cry as sirens scream down desolate streets at dawn he stumbles home to smoke tea at dusk listening to Coltrane alone.

• Members

Originally posted by clayton explode

i just smoked a huge bowl and am going to listen to some jazz. nothing better than jazz stoned man.

Your enthusiasm pleases me. Please be sure to wear a black turtle neck, sunglasses, and play bongos while reciting beat poetry. You must trust me - I'm a professional.

P.S. Free jazz or hard bop only.

• Members

Originally posted by GPD

Your enthusiasm pleases me. Please be sure to wear a black turtle neck, sunglasses, and play bongos while reciting beat poetry. You must trust me - I'm a professional.

P.S. Free jazz or hard bop only.

sounds like something fingermush would say!

• Members

Originally posted by seifukusha

sounds like something fingermush would say!

You have contributed nothing to this thread. Either you join in with your ruminations on jazz or get out. There are bongos to be played, tea to be smoked, and upright basses to be thumped on.

:snaps fingers:

• Members

Originally posted by GPD

You have contributed nothing to this thread. Either you join in with your ruminations on jazz or get out. There are bongos to be played, tea to be smoked, and upright basses to be thumped on.

:snaps fingers:

1970's era miles, hash and all. I love the electric vibe of jazz. Im listen ing to piano jazz right now, and it does nothing for me. I need that twang...

• Members

Originally posted by GPD

Lungs filled with breath the sound enters all at ounce beating the backbone as the snare sits like keys in a pocket the bass creeping up like demented theives of night to strike out at children.

Trumpet holds a beat and blows soft winded phrases the piano crashes atop vaulted shores of cliffs at moonlight sits holding downwind.

Amid the scuffle the bassist sits head down in silent contemplation of the socks still hanging above the bath in the one room apartment while sliding up notes to fill in the gaps and patch holes like thread in spools.

Thirteenth chorus the band picks up speed as the boy behind the set comes to and realizes location doesn't matter if we get there fast brushing by trees like animals scattering after the sound of thunder.

Piano man signals a pause with series of downward chords dripping as rain from skyscrapers of old while leaning towards the microphone to say his peace "My woman done left me dry" he cooly purred a cat in heat on the fence between yards.

Bassist hits the note chords change shapes drummer hits cymbals like swatting a fly that's been in the room taunting the cat for hours.

Four cats lay it down for all to see in backalley bar amid the hookers and gin and silent cry as sirens scream down desolate streets at dawn he stumbles home to smoke tea at dusk listening to Coltrane alone.

That's not jazz. That's "Jazz."

Archived