So TWO Boss delays of mine have died...

rockguitar2000

• Members

Ok so a year ago my DD-3 stopped producing its effect. Still powers up but no delay coming out. Now my DD-5 is sounding like its in a toilet bowl, and there is a static buzz that builds up as it sits there turned on in my loop. I have used this pedal on three amps and it produces the same issue.

Maybe I should buy another brand. Suggestions under $100?

Thanks,

Chris

• Members

No Boss pedal has ever broken. You are a liar. ;)

Seriously, they are pretty reliable. A good cheap delay alternative is the Ibanez DE-7 but it's reliability is questionable. I haven't had any probs with mine in the couple of years I have had it. But I use it infrequently.

• Members

Wow, i thought that was impossible. I have quite a few early eighty's Boss stompers and NEVER had problems with one of them, my NF-2 actually fell all the way down my stairs and it still worked perfect. I thought Boss pedals were indestructable unless you pee on them and try to dry them in the microwave afterwards.

• Members

Originally posted by Heineken

Wow, i thought that was impossible. I have quite a few early eighty's Boss stompers and NEVER had problems with one of them, my NF-2 actually fell all the way down my stairs and it still worked perfect. I thought Boss pedals were indestructable unless you pee on them and try to dry them in the microwave afterwards.

Wonder if I peed on it. and then on the other one.

:/

Archived