Dumbles: clarification for this idiot

blaghaus

• Members

yeah, the list is long and lame : jackson browne. christopher cross, SRV, eric johnson. carlos santana, robben ford, larry carlton...chances are, if it sounds like something that would quietly be playing in the background in the waiting room of a doctors office, it's a dumble.

oh, and henry kaiser.

• Members
Originally posted by voerking

yeah, the list is long and lame : jackson browne. christopher cross, SRV, eric johnson. carlos santana, robben ford, larry carlton...chances are, if it sounds like something that would quietly be playing in the background in the waiting room of a doctors office, it's a dumble.

:rolleyes:

• Members

oh, and henry kaiser.

ooh, santana. eek.

• Members

actually, i'm sure the amps are quite nice. i just find it pretty hilarious that the tones people are paying these vast sums to duplicate, are some of (to my ears) the worst recorded sounds ever made. basically, they are decent homemade amps that have been inextricably bound to these artists...think what you will.

• Members

oh, and henry kaiser.

:rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by elctmist

I thought he used Boogies?
:confused:

he started using boogies, then added a dumble

now he uses both, with a selecter to choose either/both amps running, in fact he uses three amps, i think one is a duplicate running through a different cab though, cant remember for sure (it has tonetubby hemp speakers i think)

David

• Moderators

I can use a Fender chassis, but you have to rip everything off of it, fill in all the holes and re-drill it. They're just a little bit too squashed. Distances of half a centimeter make a big difference in the way something sounds. It's a science involved with something called circuit constants.

What in the heck is he talking about???

:) -Jack

Archived