new blackstar pics

Brian Marshall

• Members

I tried a bunch of different looks. i think i like this one best. The screen printing is a reflective ink that can go from purple to blue to almost white depending on the angle of the light.

blackstar.jpg

Seriously hope to have some new clips up this week.

Brian

edit: clips added

clip low gain

clip metalish

clip vloume knob turning

clip more metalish

• Members

thanks sean, appreciate that especially coming from a guy whos pedal visuals often make me jealous. btw just played my vibe last night... i was having fun with the trim pot.

arjae, unfortunately the old logo just doesnt screen print very well, and many of my dealers thought it was often too hard to read. Someone on this board actually made the old one for me. I dont remember who. Unfortulately the file i have for it is too low of resolution to really try to revamp.

• Members
Originally posted by Brian Marshall

thanks sean, appreciate that especially coming from a guy whos pedal visuals often make me jealous. btw just played my vibe last night... i was having fun with the trim pot.

Thank you bro.. Did you do the mod for AC?
How did that come out?

I Gotta say that Jpagey's L sunshine is the shiz, I think it was one of the first ones you let go.. Not a better built or sounding unit of its kind out for sure..

The Black Star really looks MARVALOUS :)
I cant wait to hear more clips..

:cool:

blackstar.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by Kimsuzzie...

Thank you bro.. Did you do the mod for AC?

How did that come out?

I Gotta say that Jpagey's L sunshine is the shiz, I think it was one of the first ones you let go.. Not a better built or sounding unit of its kind out for sure..

The Black Star really looks MARVALOUS
:)
I cant wait to hear more clips..

:cool:

blackstar.jpg

havent done the mod yet... i was looking at the case, and wondering where i would fit the tap... so far ive had teh same battery in it since i got it. I suppose not having an LED makes it last a while..

Yeah, i havent talked to pagey in a while. the liquid sunshine he has is in a case that was sort of an experiment, that i had laying arround and had not used.

• Members

Originally posted by Arjae

Yeah...... the regular red/orange low visibility LED's are a thing of the past as far as I am concerned. The pedals that I have blue in don't pop. How come?

probably because they are either low input impedance or not very high gain. there are tricks to help diminish popping. Ive notice that reds pop the least, and greens pop just a little more than the reds... of course we are talking about when your amp is cranked and you arent playing. you certainly wouldnt hear it pop over a drummer, but it still bothers me. If i were to do a different color i would consider white, but i wont use blue, as i really dislike the way they make me blind. Then again whites probably do to.

Anyways here are some preliminary clips.

clip low gain

clip metalish

clip vloume knob turning

clip more metalish

I might make some more later

• Members

probably because they are either low input impedance or not very high gain. there are tricks to help diminish popping. Ive notice that reds pop the least, and greens pop just a little more than the reds... of course we are talking about when your amp is cranked and you arent playing. you certainly wouldnt hear it pop over a drummer, but it still bothers me. If i were to do a different color i would consider white, but i wont use blue, as i really dislike the way they make me blind. Then again whites probably do to.

Anyways here are some preliminary clips.

low gain

metalish

vloume knob turning

more metalish

I might make some more later

Have you ever tried duffusing them by rubbing them down with steel wool before intalling them? Works wonders. Then it's a cool blue or white glow instead of looking like the trap from "Ghostbusters".

• Members

Originally posted by lowroadrevival

Have you ever tried duffusing them by rubbing them down with steel wool before intalling them? Works wonders. Then it's a cool blue or white glow instead of looking like the trap from "Ghostbusters".

The only blue LED's i ever bought were a couple years ago, and i think they were like $4 each. I know they have gone down a lot recently. I used to do that with some green clear ones i had a long time ago. I think you can actually get blues difused now, and maybe they have improved current draw as well.

• Members

I tried a bunch of different looks. i think i like this one best. The screen printing is a reflective ink that can go from purple to blue to almost white depending on the angle of the light.

blackstar.jpg

Seriously hope to have some new clips up this week.

Brian

edit: clips added

clip
low gain

clip
metalish

clip
vloume knob turning

clip
more metalish

Very nice, very nice indeed!

Archived