Volvo appreciation thread

Monfag

• Members
Originally posted by threm

1963_Volvo_PV544_Sport.jpg

My dad owns this exact model and color. It is a really fun car to drive. I suppose it will be mine when he is done with it.

It sits so low to the ground that it seems be moving faster than the speedo indicates.

• Members

I've considered both a 544 and an Amazon...

My current car, believe it or not, is a white 244 station wagon... And I'm a rock-star for christ's sake!! :D I guess that means it's a vintage white 244 :cool:

My dream car is, of course, the Volvo P1800. That car is the shiznit.

• Members

Volvos are great. I severely regretted selling my 760 turbo wagon. I smacked a couple of Camaros in that thing, poor bastards never saw it coming - and mine was stock! :D Power braking to get the turbo spooled, stock (quiet) exhaust and factory LSD make for quite an entertaining ride.

Easily as much room for gear as my old S10 with cap, reliable as all hell, and comfy to boot. Invisible to police as long as you don't drive like a retard. If you're looking for the ultimate in commute camoflage and reliability, get a non-turbo 240 wagon - 25-30 mpg, the parts are cheap as all hell when you do need them, and everybody I've ever talked to that owned one said they'd never NOT buy another Volvo.

If you're into hopping cars up, the 740 Turbo/IC wagon is a great car for a sleeper. Get the turbo and brown-top injectors from a Ford Turbo Coupe, a little exhaust work and a cone filter (there's a cutout right under the rear of the passenger side headlight that some Swede - bless his/her heart - seemingly put there for this purpose), add some Megasquirt or another budget EMS (with the above mods, 250-300hp with tuning isn't out of the question) and have that stock or mildly modded 5.0 Mustang or Camaro wondering how the hell they just got their asses handed to them on a plate "by a {censored}in' VOLVO, for Christ's sake!!!" :D See www.turbobricks.com for more...

I'd really like to go the sensible route with the NA 240 wagon - I simply don't have the scratch for car mods, and the repairs, endless upgrades, and legal problems that inevitably come with them...but I can dream :).

• Members

Old Volvos are cool.

Every time I see a newer Volvo ahead of me, or about to pull out in front of me, I speed up and try to get by asap as I know they will slow me down. Volvo drivers drive VERY SLOWLY for safety. not that there's anything wrong with that (if they are behind me)
Regards, mike ~^v^~ aNaLoG.MaN ~^v^~ guitar effects

AnalogMike@aol.com http://www.analogman.com

Forum: http://forums.delphiforums.com/guitareffects

Archived