GT-8/XT Live got some competition (ZOOM content)

Lanefair

• Members
Originally posted by Lanefair

g92tt.jpg

At last, a unit where you can stand on both pedals in the rock stance.

it has a smaller brother, with 1 control pedal, and the tube energizer. I'm waiting for that one, hoping to prove a valueable replacement for my 40lbs pedalboard, when I need the sounds for low-profile small gigs.

What's the price for that big one in the UK btw?

• Members

Originally posted by Lanefair

I used to own a gfx707, so I'm not totally anti-zoom. I'd consider a G2 as a backup. But there's only so much I'm willing to pay for a Zoom. Also, there's enough things that can go wrong with a multifx let alone tubes!

I owned a 2020 and a 3000S multi-fx, a PD-01 Power Drive and I still have the HL-01 Hyper Lead and Driver 5000.

Zoom's distortions are more pleasing to the ear than most distortions from Boss's multi-fx's (owned a GT-3 for 5 years), and their ZNR Noise reduction works usually very well too.

They just need to get rid of their bad rep., that was caused by all those crappy plastic multi-fx (that 2020 was REALLY crappy!).

• Members

If you can do the dual/parallel preamp thing, loop in other effects, and assign the order of the effects chain, I'll definitely be trying one at a local shop ... otherwise, the GT-8 still kills both it and the XTL (for my intents and purposes).

• Members

copy from my email to a fellow xt live user....>>

(the zoom unit)it uses 2 tubes...1 as an energizer and the other as a preamptube...maybe it warms the guitar siginal going in..as i use a vht valvulator 1 BEFORE the xt live(and other modelors) and it really warms the tone up and lesens the harsh tones...the valvulator 1 has a 12ax7 tube in it to do this....also the vox tonelab se uses its tube to give the tone its warmth in the signal AFTER its preamp...kina like a poweramp tube in a way and it really works...so maybe zoom took both these tube uses into account and implimented them in this way?

• Members

Zoom's Twin Tube Monster Guitar Processor/USB Interface
Starting with the processing power of the Zoom G Series, the monster Zoom G9.2tt Guitar Console features 2 real tubes in the signal path providing a Tube Accelerator function that adds a pre-overdrive and natural compression and a Tube Energize function for drive and volume. Twin expression pedals, one with 3D control, can be set to your desired control parameter and the dual preamp design gives you instant A and B channel operation ideal for live performances. The Zoom G9.2tt also includes an XLR microphone input with available phantom power for use with the included vocal effects and the USB audio interface. Cubase LE software is included and there is also Remote Patch Editor software that is available online for future updates.

Zoom G9.2tt Features:

Twin Tubes

Tube accelerator: Add pre-overdrive and natural compression

Tube energizer: Push the guitar sound in front

Twin expression pedals: 3 Dimension pedal and normal pedal

XLR mic input with phantom power: Vocal effects included

USB audio interface

32-bit processing, 96kHz sampling rate

24-bit A/D, D/A converters

Two real preamp tubes create natural harmonics

Ultra wide frequency response:20Hz - 40kHz

Built-in drum machine with 40 rhythm patterns

Integrated chromatic tuner

Sturdy metal chassis with rubber side-guard shells

Operates on 4 AA batteries, or AC power adapter (included)

Steinberg Cubase LE software included

Remote Patch Editor available

Archived