I'm not a nutritional expert, but...

jcn37203

• Members

I ate at Ruby Tuesday last night, and they have the health info on their menu for all of the dishes.

There was this dish in the "healthy choice" section, I can't remember what it was. But it was low-carb. But it was 1280 calories, and 98 grams of fat.

That doesn't sound right.

• Members

It's because fat people who are desperate to lose weight are mostly stupid. Instead of looking at the big picture, they'll focus on one aspect of the meal that's potentially good for them and use that info to rationalize their choice. Ruby Tuesday is aware of this and exploits it.

If you're fat or trying to lose weight, you have no business being at a Ruby Tuesday in the first place. Go home and eat a salad.

• Members

I thought the low-carb fad was over, and I could go back to making fun of people eating pork rinds and calling it "health food." They need to update their menus.

My wife got a salad at the Green Hills Ruby Tuesday's once, and there was shredded plastic wrap throughout the salad. She pointed it out, and they said, "Oh. Sorry." And did nothing.

• Members

Originally posted by palthegiraffe

It was awesome when I was a kid, if I remember correctly.

Does anyone else call restaurants like that "fern bars," or was that just my father's attempt at an inside joke back then?

"well stab me with a fork, I just got bon jovi'd at a fern bar!"

• Members

The recommended intake for an Adult male is 2500 calories. Assuming you have a 500 calorie breakfast, that's 1000 calories for lunch and dinner, so it doesn't sound that bad.

The fat is a little worrying though. To be honest, if i'm eating out, nutrition is the last thing i worry about.....

• Members

Originally posted by palthegiraffe

I thought the low-carb fad was over, and I could go back to making fun of people eating pork rinds and calling it "health food." They need to update their menus.

My wife got a salad at the Green Hills Ruby Tuesday's once, and there was shredded plastic wrap throughout the salad. She pointed it out, and they said, "Oh. Sorry." And did nothing.

I sort of liked the lo-carb fad. Anything that turns meat products into snacking foods is cool with me. And are pork rinds actually fried pork skin? Or are they just pork-flavored? I think I might have to search wikipedia about this one.

And what's Ruby Tuesday? Is it a southern restaurant?

• Members
Originally posted by 4Kenoath

I think I'd prefer it if they included info on how few cockroaches and fecal coliforms ended up in their food. Also how many staff have leprocy or tuburculosis could also be of interest.
;)

You forget, what is the time on the drop rule there, 3 seconds on the floor, 5, 2 minutes?

• Members

Originally posted by Lefty Geek

They have a restaurant named after a Stones song? Is it a chain?

Yeah, it's like Applebees or TGI Fridays. It's all the same {censored} but marketed toward a different demographic. The waitresses wear lots of flair.

• Members
Originally posted by BillyGrahamCracker

And what's Ruby Tuesday? Is it a southern restaurant?

Originally posted by Mr. Twang

Yeah, it's like Applebees or TGI Fridays. It's all the same {censored} but marketed toward a different demographic. The waitresses wear lots of
flair.

The company is actually in pretty bad shape. Every time I go there, they've totally reworked the menu. Like they're desperately trying to latch on to something that works.

The only thing mentionable about RT is the salad bar. I don't know of any other place in town that actually has one, really.

The menu food is totally forgetable, and often rancid. I keep trying to find something I like because "the little lady" likes the salad bar.

They have some really {censored}ty meals on the menu.

Fried buffalo chicken wontons. :confused:

These things they call "stackers", which is just a slab on meat set atop a pile of mashed potatos.

Now they're really focusing on their "36 famous burgers", and they have all these new novelty burgers. Like, you can order 4 silver dollar sized burgers now, instead of just a normal burger. They've started selling bison. They have several veggie burgers now.

It really is basically TGI Friday, but with a kittle bit more sympathy for veggetarians.

Half of the locations in Nashville have closed down.

The waitresses no longer wear "flair" and have opted for the plain white shirt/black apron thing.

Really, the place has no identity beyond the salad bar, which isn't anything fantastic. It's just an actual salad bar with a lot of stuff on it. I like the pasta they keep at the end.

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

I ate at Ruby Tuesday last night, and they have the health info on their menu for all of the dishes.

There was this dish in the "healthy choice" section, I can't remember what it was. But it was low-carb. But it was 1280 calories, and 98 grams of fat.

That doesn't sound right.

A gram of fat has 9 calories. For this dish, that equals 882 calories and about 70 percent total fat. It's definitely low carb.

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

The company is actually in pretty bad shape. Every time I go there, they've totally reworked the menu. Like they're desperately trying to latch on to something that works.

"Cooker" shut down all of their locations recently. This is a dark time for fern bars!

(Another wife at fern bar incident: Our last time ever to Cooker was the visit on which she got a roll, then noticed that a fly's wing had been baked into the bottom of it.)

Archived