Maybe I'm beating a dead horse?? (Flanger Hoax)

BP90

• Members

I took my Flanger Hoax to practice on saturday nite and tried it out extensively...

Here's what I found...

1.) It's really not that noisy... at least with my rig it isnt... When Im not playing I can hear the swoosh, but it's far from excessive... And I had the blend at about 2 O' Clock.... I was expecting it to be rediculous (read: my old mistress) Not even near it.... I can see how some people could find it to be unacceptable but I do not.

2.) It IS difficult to get the settings that I had found back after twiddling with it... So I guess when I find something I like Id better write everything down somewhere...

3.) I did find it to be VERY usable as both a flanger AND a phaser... It gave that old Traffic tune Mr. Fantasy the kick in the ass that it needed...

4.) I found it to be more subtle than I expected, but, I have been leaning towards a little less "effect" and a little less "dirt" as I have noticed that it can really bury your tone and make a lot of chaos is a band situation... (sidenote: you DO NOT need as much gain as you think...;) )

I really make an attempt to try things out for myself as opposed to jumping on the HCFX bandwagon when it comes to what is a good pedal and what isnt...

Examples? I think that the Foxrox TZF flanger is not that great and I got rid of it after about a week... same with the fulldrive 2...

Long story short, dont cut this flanger (or any piece of gear for that matter) short until you have really given it a run through with YOUR rig, and your fingers...

• Members

Originally posted by elctmist

I actually found the TZF a little too -- how shall I put it -- tasteful for me. It didn't have the really wild out-of-control stuff I thought it might. Does the Hoax have at least some of that going on?

It gets nuts if you want it to... Ive really been working on getting usable settings for chord work and whatnot...

Archived