Is USPS Priority Mail Guaranteed?

Last Nerve

• Members

I'm STILL waiting for a package sent USPS Priority from the 8th!

Still waiting for a USPS Priority envelope sent before then!

EVERY time I send packages, its at least four days. Three days if its in CALI.

Any recourse if your package doesn't make it there within that time frame? I always get confirmation so I could prove it.

• Members

Originally posted by Last Nerve

I'm STILL waiting for a package sent USPS Priority from the 8th!

Still waiting for a USPS Priority envelope sent before then!

EVERY time I send packages, its at least four days. Three days if its in CALI.

Any recourse if your package doesn't make it there within that time frame? I always get confirmation so I could prove it.

Hey Last Nerve,

I had a package sent on September 6th and it just arrived today due to the Columbus holiday on Monday. Don't feel too bad. Ask the sender for the delivery confirmation number if you need to track the package.

Guitar George

• Members

bleh, don't even get me started on the post office. you have to stick all these little individual stickers on the box if you want to get delivery confirmation, insurance, registration...then that huge customs form if you're sending international, and all this is technically supposed to fit on one face of the box. psssh.

if you're going to send things out via the post (me being quite experienced with this from sending RMA's back to people), always send it with at least delivery confirmation. it costs like $0.49 and contrary to what the post would have you believe, they CAN track your package to some degree using the number associated with the delivery confirmation sticker. they claim that they won't look into it for at least a month, but if you happen to get a nice guy at the post office, he may print you out a pretty detailed description of your package's journey (though, like I said, they're not supposed to because they're supposed to make more money off of making you buy a "registered" sticker.

oh yeah, and then there's the thing about not being able to use a recycled priority mail box for anything other then priority mail.. even after it's already been used. I asked the guy at the post if I could just scribble the "priority mail" symbol out...but noooo. you can't even technically cover the entire thing with paper and ship it. I tried to reason with him, "but it's just a BOX!" but he wouldn't hear any of it.

FedEx is the way to go. One slip no matter what extras you purchase, tracking no matter what, and they don't give a damn if you use a priority mail box.

• Members
Originally posted by jadesky

oh yeah, and then there's the thing about not being able to use a recycled priority mail box for anything other then priority mail.. even after it's already been used. I asked the guy at the post if I could just scribble the "priority mail" symbol out...but noooo. you can't even technically cover the entire thing with paper and ship it. I tried to reason with him, "but it's just a BOX!" but he wouldn't hear any of it.

That's an easy one, just turn the box inside out. Open it down the glued seem on the side, turn it inside out, glue it down the same seem, and PRESTO CHANGO - you've got a plaine brown box :cool:

Takes about 5 minutes

Archived