Best Distortion pedals ???

rcervera

• Members

If you didn't have an amp with distortion or you just use it clean, What pedals would you consider or get to obtain versatility or just good quality distortion? (versatility not important if it gives just one increadible distortion)

I SHOULD SAY I LIKE AGRESSIVE DISTORTION, SOMETHING LIKE SLIPKNOT, FEAR FACTORY, IN FLAMES (maybe tighter), KILLSWITCH ENGAGE, sometimes metallica... not classic rock etc,

• Members

Fulltone OCD Proud owner

Proco Rat vintage or 2 Proud owner Vintage Rat ri

Catalinbread SCOD Proud to have gas for.

These are the ones that top my list as far as distortion goes.

Some like the Tonebones (classic, and hot Bri-ish, I have never tried em though.

• Members

I recently purchased a Digitech RP200A effects processor. As far as versatility, I don't think you can gain much more. You can program an infinite level of gain from 12 different baseline effects. Out of the box it's pre-programed with 99 types of effects, and you can alter those presets as you prefer. (It even has a preset labeled "Angus", when I strum Highway to Hell, it sounds amazingly close to Angus' sweet sound). It also has a very versatile drum machine with 24 different tempos from 6 different styles, and you can adjust the BPM's. I am a novice guitarist, and don't know if this processor is what your looking for, but I scored the Digitech processor, plus a cable for $129 brand new off Ebay.

• Members

Originally posted by JeffreyC

Vintage Rat with Keeley mods!!!!!
:eek:
:eek:
:eek::D

I'm also enjoying my new ICBM and Keeley Fuzz head.

+1 on the keeley rat and the fuzz head. I also really liked the keeley ds1 ultra. The fulltone dist. pro is a bit different, but I liked it too.

• Members

Originally posted by Polar_Bus

I recently purchased a Digitech RP200A effects processor. As far as versatility, I don't think you can gain much more. You can program an infinite level of gain from 12 different baseline effects. Out of the box it's pre-programed with 99 types of effects, and you can alter those presets as you prefer. (It even has a preset labeled "Angus", when I strum Highway to Hell, it sounds amazingly close to Angus' sweet sound). It also has a very versatile drum machine with 24 different tempos from 6 different styles, and you can adjust the BPM's. I am a novice guitarist, and don't know if this processor is what your looking for, but I scored the Digitech processor, plus a cable for $129 brand new off Ebay.

I have the Digitech GNX4, those things sound horrible next to an analog stombox chain, you'll realize later

• Members

What about the Rocktron silver dragon and Visual Sound's Jekyll and Hyde, no love?

"I SHOULD SAY I LIKE AGRESSIVE YET WARM DISTORTION, SOMETHING LIKE SLIPKNOT, FEAR FACTORY, IN FLAMES, KILLSWITCH ENGAGE, sometimes Metallica... not classic rock etc,"

Should've written that b4, now i dont know if your suggestions comply with that

• Members

Originally posted by RJpilot

www.lovepedal.com

The Eternity Overdrive.

Sounds good but its more overdrive-ish obviously.

I was under the impression youre looking for a distortion.

Od's are a bit different.

Plus its kinda expensive to buy sight unseen imho.

At the highest gain setting the thing is bordering on blistering distortion. It's one of the finest sounding pedals I've had, and I love it more and more each time I use it, and I find many of my old standards are getting used less and less.

• Members

I have a question, but I didn't want to make a new thread with a distortion one sitting at the top. I have a Mesa Mark III, and I want the Rhythm 2 channel to have just a bit more gain. Nothing crazy, but I just like it a lot more for Rhythm than the lead channel. It just doesn't have enough gain for me. Right now it seems like it is around AC/DC levels, and I just want a little more. Would an overdrive or a boost be better for this? Any specific models/reccomendations? I was looking at the HOA Rust Driver or Rust Booster. Any others?

Archived