dammit, now i wanna fix up my tele

Help!I'maRock!

• Members

as it was {censored}ing pouring out this morning when i left the house, i didn't take a guitar with me to work even though i had band practice. so i ended up playing my bassists 95 american standard tele. now i want one again.

i dunno how long i've had the guitar for, maybe like 8 months or so, but i have a Hohner Prinz. its a very weird guitar. tele shaped, flamed maple top and back, hardtail strat bridge with 2 strat pups and a tele control plate.

the guitar needs a complete overhaul. there's a bow in the neck that won't come out because the guitar sat in somebody's closet without strings for about 10 years. it's also not a very good neck. the tuners, saddles, and hardware are all crap. the pups are single coils, so they hum (big problem for a guy who plays only humbucking guitars).

how much do you guys think it'll cost to replace all this stuff? basically all i'm keeping is the body and pickguards. everything else needs to be replaced.

also, do you think i can get a reverse headstock telecaster neck? my reasoning for this is that i want to change the tuners on my carvin to PRS tuners, but they only come in 3+3 sets. so i figure if i get 2 sets of tuners, i can put all left side tuners on the carvin, and then put all right side tuners on a reverse headstock tele neck. will this work?

• Members

well there are many ways to skin a tele...

...if you bargain hunted around ebay, you do it all for 200-300, but who knows if the result would be pleasing to you. if you wanted to go for a little bit of quality, you would be up for 120-150 for the neck, same again for pups and a little less again for the rest of the hardware. it all depends what you want.

Archived