similar fuzz to the big cheese ?

ollenorin

• Members

I think so.

I'm relatively certain that it's essentially a clone of a rather run-of-the-mill fuzz, with some interesting tone stack options and a mis-biased setting.

I forget which fuzz it is, though. You could probably find it in a search...

• Members

from memory, the big cheese is based on a silicon fuzz face with an added input buffer and tone selection stack.

i'm not sure about a "misbiased" soud in there at all. in fact the big cheese has a small mod which is designed to overcome problems inherent with using poorly matched transistors.

• Members

Originally posted by fernmeister

from memory, the big cheese is based on a silicon fuzz face with an added input buffer and tone selection stack.

i'm not sure about a "misbiased" soud in there at all. in fact the big cheese has a small mod which is designed to overcome problems inherent with using poorly matched transistors.

Ah...

I was referring to the gated sound. I just figured that was because one of the settings on the rotary switch was slightly misbiasing things.

• Members

Originally posted by fernmeister

thanks fernmeister ! and welcome back from india, maybe yr still there ?

• Members

Black Cat makes a Superfuzz variant that's pretty nice. I like it on bass a little more than guitar, but still pretty great. Could use a little more boost to keep it from getting lost against a second guitar, but great when the only dirty guitar sound in the mix.

Archived