Killing time in the lab...can't go home...

incubass

• Members

OK, sooooo...My roommate had this girl down the other day and I just thought they were friends. He's always bringing over girls and without exception it turns out they're just platonic friends (he usually goes to their house for a date, go figure)...So they go out with another dude to dance or whatever and I stay home...They get back at like midnight and we start all talking and hanging out...My roommate goes straight to bed and then shortly thereafter the other guy leaves...so me and this girl start talking and she tells me she's just friends with my roommate...so we click and ended up making out and eventually much more than making out, and I'm thinking I'm in the clear for the following reasons:

A) he didn't tell me he was interested in her, combined with the historical precedent of bringing over girls he's not interested in. Never has he brought over a girl he's interested in...

B)they'd never met in person, only brief conversations b/c she lives with his ex...

C)he comes in and goes straight to bed like she doesn't exist, reinforcing my thinking that she's simply a casual friend...

D) her own testimony (before anything started up between us) that she and he were simply friends

E)She made the move on me

So, my roommate never found out anything happened, but he was suspicious...Anyway, I told my friend (the guy who was there that night) and he's on my roommate's side but agreed he wouldn't say anything (more for my roommate's sake than my own I think).

Now, I realize what I did was questionable, and I'll probably get flamed to an obscene degree, but I think (and alot of my friends have agreed) that what I did was in the clear, albeit barely...

So now I can't go back to my apartment for the next 30 minutes because my roommate and the friend who was with them that night are meeting before they go hang out with some people and I don't want to risk someone tipping their hand...

At least the lab has internet...

• Members

*shrug*

I don't think you did anything wrong. I would've done the same thing.

EDIT: Although I guess it would be adcisable to ask whenever he brings over any chicks if they're off limits.

Truth is, with most guys, they're at least a little interested in every female. They're just too cool to admit it unless they feel confident they won't get embarassed by rejection.

• Members
Originally posted by delorean

can you whip me up an batch of benzaldehyde while you're there?

:D , I'm sure there's some lying around here somewhere...actually its a psych. lab so its mostly mice and alot of psych. gear...oh and this badass old sm-57 I'm totally gonna take when I'm done...:cool:

• Members

Originally posted by lou_weed

definitely. most adcisable.

however, he left her alone with him in this case, so she was fair game.

Bingo. You're fine. He ended the night without putting the moves on her, so any gloominess on his part is sour grapes.

You should probably try to get caught doing it on his bed, though, just to make the situation a little more black and white.

• Members

She knew where the door was. Seems like she adored something else. It all hinges on how your roommate takes it. Talk to your friend this is an easy problem to close. The key to this problem is being open with each other. .......:D

• Members

Dude, what you did was cool. Don't beat yourself up over it. I'm stuck at work, waiting for someone to review my proposal, so I know what its like being forced to wait somewhere. Reminds me of when I used to work in a chemistry stock room in college. All kinds of fun chemicals.

I even had a boss who used to drink Ethanol w/ me (100%, but not denatured). Now that's a fun thing to drink (albeit cautiously).

• Members

glad I'm not crazy for wondering what I did that was so wrong. Like I told the intervening friend, what was I supposed to do, wake up my roommate at like 4 in the morning and be like "hey that girl just made a pass at me, should I go for it?":rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by incubass

glad I'm not crazy for wondering what I did that was so wrong. Like I told the intervening friend, what was I supposed to do, wake up my roommate at like 4 in the morning and be like "hey that girl just made a pass at me, should I go for it?":rolleyes:

Be cool about it, though -- he didn't hold up his end of the Code, but that doesn't mean you should throw it out. You ought to let him know that he's being whiny and has no right to stake claims. Nicely. So that it doesn't happen again. To him, not you.

• Members

Originally posted by ginnboonmiller

Be cool about it, though -- he didn't hold up his end of the Code, but that doesn't mean you should throw it out. You ought to let him know that he's being whiny and has no right to stake claims. Nicely. So that it doesn't happen again. To him, not you.

hell, I'm not gonna mention it unless it comes up again...I mean if he asks me point blank, I won't lie...But I'm not gonna volunteer the info...She's from out of state anyway so she won't be back for a while (though she did invite me to come up to virginia sometime:cool: )

Archived