Just got back from QOTSA and NIN

idiot savant

• Members

great show. we were running late so we only caught the last half of QOTSA's set. They weren't too bad, the singer went on a 10 minute rampage because someone in the audience flipped him off. I think he was trying to be funny, but......... I dunno, I'm not a big fan of them to begin with, so {censored} like that is just more annoying than anything. who cares what one dude in a sea of people is doing. shut up and ROCK already.

Nails kicked ass. Trent plays guitar mostly now, stuck w/ his black les paul all night. He was jumping around rockin out the whole show, not bad for an old dude. The guitar player was switching between jazzmasters, a goldtop les paul, and something else, I couldn't quite make out. This guy is nuts hes running from side to side flinging every mic stand in front of him. Kicked out Trent's mic a couple times, that was funny, made Trent scramble to the other side of the stage to make it to the next line. Very high energy.

this was the 3rd time I've seen Nails this year, and they've really impressed me. You'd think a 40 year old guy still trying to sound depressed, and jaded after all these years would be weird. I however quite like the way he's grown up, I'm a big fan of his low-key brooding type of stuff, and he's a fantastic production guru. It's nice to see a band like this stripped down and still so full of energy. NIN I have always thought translated better to me live, than on record. they played a good mix of "downward spiral" and "with teeth" but still only played 2 song of off "the fragile".

at least I didn't have to deal with "star{censored}ers", that made my day.

that is all.

• Members

I saw them not to long ago, and they were quite amazing. Especially now that they have josh freese filling in on drums. My only complaint is that I wish they had played mroe songs from the fragile, but it was awesome how they played songs like burn and eraser...

queens was alright, but way muddy sounding. I could barely make out the melody's on the songs I hadn't heard....

• Members

I caught them at the San Diego show that got cut short because of Jerome's chest pains... I'll be seeing them again on Nov 19th, they added the date for us...

I've heard Josh from QOTSA talk about someone in the audience giving him the finger a few times... It's in some old live vids I have too... I wouldn't be surprised if it was a fan of the band. Then again, I'm a huge fan, so yea...

NIN threw in a lot of PHM and The Fragile songs in their set when I saw them... I like all of the albums but The Fragile and Downward Spiral are my faves... I got to hear March of the Pigs before they cut the show short so I was satisfied for the night.

• Members

Originally posted by Leftside

I caught them at the San Diego show that got cut short because of Jerome's chest pains... I'll be seeing them again on Nov 19th, they added the date for us...

I've heard Josh from QOTSA talk about someone in the audience giving him the finger a few times... It's in some old live vids I have too... I wouldn't be surprised if it was a fan of the band. Then again, I'm a huge fan, so yea...

NIN threw in a lot of PHM and The Fragile songs in their set when I saw them... I like all of the albums but The Fragile and Downward Spiral are my faves... I got to hear March of the Pigs before they cut the show short so I was satisfied for the night.

at my show (hope I'm not spoiling anything) the only songs they played from the fragile were the frail, the wretched and star{censored}ers. I was hoping they would have an oncore of we're in this together now or the great below, but nix

• Members

Saw NIN this summer in Toronto. Great show, the new lead guitarist has some stage chops. He climbed atop a tower of P.A. speakers with his guitar still on and proceeded to beat the {censored} out of it from there. Trent crowed surfed once. A student my Mom teaches said the second show they gave away a guitar to someone in the front. :cool:

I got 2 Black custom NIN dunlop tortex picks from the mic stand. Thanks Mr. Roadie!

• Members

Originally posted by idiot savant

The guitar player was switching between jazzmasters, a goldtop les paul, and something else, I couldn't quite make out. This guy is nuts hes running from side to side flinging every mic stand in front of him. Kicked out Trent's mic a couple times, that was funny, made Trent scramble to the other side of the stage to make it to the next line. Very high energy.

I thought that aaron played jazzmasters too, but they are infact Hagstroms, some swedish brand, and they look pretty similar to jazzmasters but not quite.

I really want to see them but don't really ahve anyone to see them with, man they kick ass, i've seen recorded versions and they are just so hyped!

Rich

• Members

Originally posted by SuperSlinky

I thought that aaron played jazzmasters too, but they are infact Hagstroms, some swedish brand, and they look pretty similar to jazzmasters but not quite.

I really want to see them but don't really ahve anyone to see them with, man they kick ass, i've seen recorded versions and they are just so hyped!

Rich

Yeah, I was kinda wondering too. They looked like jazzmasters, but not quite.

I'm also pretty surprised that Trent's using a Dean.

Their live show is worth it to see Trent and Aaron jump around and act crazy. When I saw them in Denver, and Aaron would have to change guitars, he would literally *throw* his guitar wildly 15 feet over to his tech, almost whacked him a couple of times. Great stage presence as someone else mentioned.

I was a bit worried with this tour, all new faces in the touring band. Trent must be pretty happy with his keyboard player, he only tickled the ivory on 2 songs, "hurt" and the slow song off of the new record. I miss seeing him smash and throw keyboards all over the place like he used to. although he still managed to beat the {censored} out of the drumkit with his guitar after closing with "head like a hole".

NIN is an enigma, everytime he comes out with an album, everyone always talks about how dissapointing it is for the first few months, but live he always delivers a high-energy show. say what you want about the guy, but I'm glad he doesn't feel the need to placate peoples expectations of him. maybe that's how he's stuck around even though he only releases an album very 4 years or so.

Archived