Oh baby... 1980's "Fender" Squier Bullet

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by L6Sguy

is that the MIA bullet? i had one of those for a few weeks (on loan from a friend), and it totally rocked.

Yup... and glad to hear, because I definitely plan on making it my next guitar purchase... along with a vintage Fender Champ...

I tried out that guitar / amp combo at a local vintage store and have been in love with the tone ever since.

devi-

• Members

Hey Devi, About 6 months ago I did a electrical rebuild on one of those. It was a MIJ and dated from the early 90's. The pickups were crazy, under the white cover there were 2 strat single coils glued together. It was a bit of a nightmare job cause the coil split switches were full of dried beer! But in the end that lil gat was humming. The scale lenght was a bit like a Mustang, but without the skinny lil neck (that I hate), so in coil split mode on the neck pickup I got some really cool Mustang like sounds. A rocking lil guitar!

• Members

Originally posted by L6Sguy

is that the MIA bullet? i had one of those for a few weeks (on loan from a friend), and it totally rocked.

Two totally different creatures (as the photos in this thread show)--this is the Japanese Squier Bullet--not to be confused with the MIA Fender Bullet. Or, for that matter, the later Korean Bullet (which had a Telecasterish body and a Strattish neck) or the recent Squier Bullet, made in someplace else in the Far East.

I've only played the MIA and the MIJ--the MIJ had three kind of blah single-coils but a very nice neck; the MIA didn't really impress me but that could have been the lousy pawnshop setup I was dealing with.

Archived