need your help!! SELMER or ENGL....

stereotypy

• Members

actually i play guitar (wow!) through my wonderful engl soveraign 100 vintage combo.. (2nd wow!)... :)

but here is my problem.. i love great vintage guitar sounds.. and there is a rare selmer to buy for me... but i would have to sell the engl for it.

so let's compare:

engl:

wonderful clean. crunch is also nice. lead 1 and 2 are okay with additional noise gate.. 4channels via footswitch selectable...

selmer:

just one wonderful vintage clean sound...

seriously what would you do?? i play through a lot effects (filters, wah, dist, fuzz, phaser, flanger, delay,..), have a humbucker and a single coil guitar. and i'm playing something like mogwai, explosions in the sky,.. but i dig syd barretts piper at the gates of dawn, too..

:confused:

• Members

i have really enough distortion pedals to replace the channels ;) but so it makes the decision more difficult. i really like my engl clean. very satisfied by it.
the selmer is a head with additional big old 15" speaker cabinet from schellenberg (supposed to be a bass box).

here is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.de/SELMER-Bassverstaerker-Bassamp-Rariaet_W0QQitemZ7356783983QQcategoryZ47614QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

do you think it's worth??

Archived