Pedal for metal

GuitarGeek01

• Members

What would be a good pedal for great metal rythm tones and cutting lead(something with good sustain)? so far, I've only tried the sansamp GT-2 as the range of higher end pedals in my country is really limited. If theres a good combination of a booster and a distortion pedal, please recommend too. thanks!

• Members
Originally posted by TELECASTER66

Smart People Factory

Red Threat Distortion-$149.95

RT comes with a Free "I Love Gain" T-shirt

http://stompboxman.com/_wsn/page2.html

:cool:

I have one of those. It is by far the noisiest pedal I have ever owned. I played it a couple of times and put it back in the box and haven't played it since (about a year ago).

• Members

The Zoom Tri-Metal is my main distortion. I have the Digitech Distortion Factory also, I must say that if you like tweaking this could be one of the best pedals out there. The pedal models may not be exact, but they are all usable and some sound better than the original pedals they are trying to copy.The reason I like the Tri-Metal better is that it sounds so 3-D without any delay or chorus or other effects.

• Members

Originally posted by GuitarGeek01

thanks for the recommendations guys, but i'm kind of looking for something tts more of a preamp pedal like the gt-2, any recommendations?

the sansamp series is really great. if you're thinking of something cheaper, consider the new Beringer Guitar GDI21. it's almost a replica of the GT-2, but way cheaper.

• Members
Originally posted by Hemispheres

I have one of those. It is by far the noisiest pedal I have ever owned. I played it a couple of times and put it back in the box and haven't played it since (about a year ago).

i never played one , i am glad i got this instead

http://www.diamondpedals.com/products/fireburst.html

:D

my favorite is the carl martin plexi , which might be replaced by
the fireburst later this week. :)

Archived