EH Mini Q-Tron. It only does one thing!

DD

• Members

But what it does is so coool!:D

I really didn't want to buy this pedal because I just couldn't justify the purchase with only one song in our set that has that kind of effect. I decided I could fake it with my Wah pedal.

But I tried it out of curiosity...and I couldn't resist not to have it!

Here's a couple of noodlings I did yesterday when I came back from the shop.

The first bit is my Koch amp miked and the second part is my POD 2.0.

Guitar: American Telecaster, bridge pickup.

Pedal: Electro Harmonics Mini Q-Tron!

You gotta love that funk.:D

http://www.ddguitar.net/miniq.mp3

QUESTION.

Can anybody tell me if this pedal has true bypass switching?

• Members

sounds great!! And nothing beats the clean channel of kochs! :) I tried several qtrons (normal, mini, +) and wasn't really satisfied when I played them. Although a lot of really good sounds could be obtained, most of it was too bassy or too trebly. I wanted certain sounds that lied inbetween the selections given by the range switch and the mode switch. The pigtronix EP-1 is a way more flexible pedal which does sort of the same thing, but now I hear this... it reminds me that they're actually pretty different! Maybe it's just my gear that I use that results in sounds that are not comletely ok... I'm going to try it with other instruments and see what happens.

• Members
Originally posted by woude

sounds great!! And nothing beats the clean channel of kochs!
:)
I tried several qtrons (normal, mini, +) and wasn't really satisfied when I played them. Although a lot of really good sounds could be obtained, most of it was too bassy or too trebly. I wanted certain sounds that lied inbetween the selections given by the range switch and the mode switch. The pigtronix EP-1 is a way more flexible pedal which does sort of the same thing, but now I hear this... it reminds me that they're actually pretty different! Maybe it's just my gear that I use that results in sounds that are not comletely ok... I'm going to try it with other instruments and see what happens.

I found that the knobs on the Mini Q-Tron can give a very wide range of tones and frequencies. Depends a lot on the guitar you are using and the track you are playing.

I'm glad you appreciate my enthusiasm with this pedal.:)

Archived