Anyone have a sweet dorm rig?

NITEFLY182

• Members

My dorm rig wasn't terrible but not great either. My amp and guitars were nice but my effects were pretty hit and miss.

Guitars:
Fernandes Native Pro
Squier II Strat with Goldenage Pickups

Amp:
Roland Blues Cube 30
Tech 21 Tri-AC for recording

Effects:
DS-1, Ibanez FZ-7, Original Crybaby, USA Big Muff Pi, Ibanez DE7 and a TU-2

• Members

This was over 15 years ago. Mine was:

Tokai SG (Angus Style)

into

2 Fender Bandmaster Heads ('64 and '68)

into 2x12 Anniverasary Marshall cab and

a 4x10 Marshall cab

all split with a Boss Digital Metallizer.

Can you say "How we Rocked"

Complaints were abundant. :D

Oh yeah...I sucked even worse then.

• Members
Originally posted by NITEFLY182

DSCN0329.jpg

TU2, Killer Wail, Robotalk II, PS2, OC2, Volume, Frequency Analyzer, Art DST830 head, PH3, Keeley TR2, CE5, BF3, DD5, DD20

Sweet Ikea chair.

That's pretty damn loud for a dorm rig... then again, even a champ might be too loud for most apts or dorms...

Personally I've got a 100W 212 combo and a 60W 1/4stack in my bedroom... I'm still looking for 2 more heads and a little 112 30W or so combo as well

• Members

my "dorm" rig (I live in a small apartment, really... smaller than my dorm last year.)

Ibanez SZ520

pedalboard
SPP (once it gets here in the mail)
SD-1 (will probably get bumped by the SPP)
CH-1
Voodoo Lab Tremelo
DD-5

into a tonemaster w/ companion 2x12

really loud... Im too nice to piss off my neighbors, so the volume rairly gets past "1". But it STILL sound awsome.

• Members

Originally posted by Jakeowen

Obviously those three up front are hot, but look at the one in the back center.

Scary!

Yeah, that was me actually.

I've gone through many changes since those days, and I'm much more stable now as a result.

• Members

Wow...that is a very nice setup. I hope you have more respectful neighbors than I did cause there is no way I could have had gear that nice in the dorms without some idiot spilling beer all over it or stealing stuff. I know you know, but lock your door every single time you leave your room. Ok, done preaching. My "dorm rig" was just my acoustic. My freshman year roomate bought a bass the second semester and I jammed on that some. I lived in a "suite" with 8 guys and 4 of us played guitar. Pretty good times. I quite literally didn't touch an electric guitar for over 2 years but once I got my own apt I got my electric out of storage and now I've traded up and am a gear whore!

• Members
Originally posted by Kriegsemann

my "dorm" rig (I live in a small apartment, really... smaller than my dorm last year.)

Ibanez SZ520

pedalboard

SPP (once it gets here in the mail)

SD-1 (will probably get bumped by the SPP)

CH-1

Voodoo Lab Tremelo

DD-5

into a tonemaster w/ companion 2x12

really loud... Im too nice to piss off my neighbors, so the volume rairly gets past "1". But it STILL sound awsome.

Bah good luck... I am glad the SPP doesn't come with a guarantee that you won't get yr ass thrown out of the neighborhood. :p "Son, perhaps community college is a more appropriate route for your personality..."

• Members

Damn your oiley hide!
I had build my rig while traversing the wasteland desert of life.
When I was in college it was a 1x12 Fender combo that squealed like a pig (not in a good way), a horrible pink Dod Thrashmaster, and a Yamaha multi-fx unit that mostly sounded like dick!

Archived