Jump to content

Hey Mr.Sage!!! Check out these new insane mods for the delay


bigtonemusic

Recommended Posts

  • Members

newdelaymods.JPG

 

The switch on the left is the FX loop wet/dry switch so the loop can affect only your dry signal or only your wet signal.

 

The switch in the middle is the FX loop on/off switch that you already know about.

 

The switch on the right is the FX in/out switch so you can take you can take everything that you have in the loop "OUT" and use them as normal seperate pedals in your chain. So say you have a phaser in the delay loop and you are using it to phase just your wet delay signal. But then you want to play a song with just phase and no delay...this is the switch to do that. AND you can still use the delay separate from all of the other pedals. Unfortunately this needs most of the 3pdt so if you want an LED you need to use the millenium bypass.

 

Then the pre/post switch....when you have the loop "out"...if you like your delay first, switch it to pre. If you like your delay last, switch it to post.

 

Each switch is independant of the other so you can do all or none or 2 or 3, but they are sequential so you would need to do the switches you choose in the order they appear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Originally posted by IndofunkCity

Wow. Can somebody explain this to me in English?
:(



I'll try; it lets you put other pedals into the feedback path of the delay, so that repeats get effected by those pedals, or so that only the dry signal is effected, leaving the repeats "clean". It then allows you to have those pedals usable separately too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Originally posted by dot-dot-dot



I'll try; it lets you put other pedals into the feedback path of the delay, so that repeats get effected by those pedals, or so that only the dry signal is effected, leaving the repeats "clean". It then allows you to have those pedals usable separately too.


I think I'm beginning to understand. So it's like a loooper and delay pedal in one? And somewhere in bigtone's description do I see that you can place the delay at the beginning of the chain OR at the end with a flip of a switch?

Sounds awesome. Might have to ask Sage to build me one, too :o

....because this looks way too scary to be my first DIY project :eek:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

The only built-in effects loop I've ever wanted for a delay is in the feedback/regeneration signal. You could put an eq, phaser, flanger, chorus, whatever, just in the regenerated repeats to, say, accentuate the effect of a worn-out tape in a vintage delay or just to have the repeats get progressively wierder while the first delay is normal... I guess it's just as well to use it on the "wet" signal so the first repeat is affected, too.

I'm only positive that I wouldn't want to go through all the trouble to wire up all those switches, though. I'd just use a wet-only loop with normally-closed, switched jacks and no footswitch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by dot-dot-dot

Basically, yes - good way of putting it. I think, though, rather than moving the delay's position, it lets you move the pedals in the delay's loop to either before it or after it.

 

 

 

Basically, I came up with the in/out mod, because I found myself needing 2 phasers and 2 choruses, and 2 tremolos, and 2 ect, ect., ect. on my board. I needed 1 of everything in the loop and 1 of everything outside of the loop. Well...my board isn't big enough for all that.

 

The wet/dry switch is something to do just because you can. And the Pre/post switch probably won't be worth the hassle to most people...most people usually have one preference and they can just hardwire it that way. But if you like to have phase before your delay and chorus after your delay, it's nice to be able to just flip a switch and have that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Originally posted by bigtonemusic




Basically, I came up with the in/out mod, because I found myself needing 2 phasers and 2 choruses, and 2 tremolos, and 2 ect, ect., ect. on my board. I needed 1 of everything in the loop and 1 of everything outside of the loop. Well...my board isn't big enough for all that.


The wet/dry switch is something to do just because you can. And the Pre/post switch probably won't be worth the hassle to most people...most people usually have one preference and they can just hardwire it that way. But if you like to have phase before your delay and chorus after your delay, it's nice to be able to just flip a switch and have that.



Keith - you never cease to amaze me. Let me know when you get caught up and can build me one of these will ya? :cool:

Speaking of building things - did you ever hold back one of those monster overdrives you were building - jesus I can't remember what it was called now - not the Anthology - but there was another one. Help me out here - I'm old......:(


:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Originally posted by 1DZReverendDavidLee



Keith - you never cease to amaze me. Let me know when you get caught up and can build me one of these will ya?
:cool:

Speaking of building things - did you ever hold back one of those monster overdrives you were building - jesus I can't remember what it was called now - not the Anthology - but there was another one. Help me out here - I'm old......
:(


:D



Hey Dave. It was the parametric overdrive. My pc crashed and I lost the pcb transfer for it though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Originally posted by varialbender

From what I understand, the mods aren't for inside the feedback loop. There's a bunch of fancy stuff here, but all external. Making it an internal loop shouldn't be too hard though.


I can't wait to buy this pedal and call it R&D
:p



No. The mods are internal as well.

There is an FX loop that can go in the wet signal or the buffered dry signal within the delay circuit. The switch to the left of the diagram is for that.

There is a switch to turn the fx loop on or off. THat is the switch in the middle.

There is a switch to take the loop out so you can use the pedals in the loop seperate from the delay. This is the switch to the right.

And there is a switch to put the "out of circuit loop" before or after the delay. This is the pre/post switch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Originally posted by bigtonemusic



Are you serious? I've never heard of anyone having customs troubles before. Well....atleast you know where it's at.



We did a sort of bulk-buy from the Intermusic forums, so I think there are 10 or so in a package. That must have been enough to set off someone's idiot-dar. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by elctmist

Hey keith


What's the deadline on the vb2 clone?

 

 

Man...The VB-2 is a bitch. It's got so many obsolete parts. And the circuit board is going to be the largest of all the kits, so it will be by far the most expensive.

 

I just don't have the money to buy all of the parts at once, so I have to buy 2 parts this month, 2 parts next month, and 2 other parts the following month. Some of these are parts that NO ONE has so I can't just buy enough for 50 or 100 kits. I've gotta buy them by the 1000.

 

So...you're looking at probably another 3 months. I'm gonna get going on the SG-1, Envelope Filter, and I got a hold of an SP-1, so I'll probably get that one out before the VB-2 as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
  • Members

Hey Keith...I'm loving my Delay and the loop sounds really cool with my 80's Ibanez CS 9 Chorus pedal...

I am however....having problems getting the loop to work with various od/boosts and dirt boxes...is there anyway to improve the compatability of the loop with dirt boxes??

What is the lowest battery voltage that the delay run off of??

Chow,
Seegs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

It took some time after introducing all the standard kits, but you're back to normal now, right Keith ? :D

The mod to use the pedals in the loop.....you've outdone yourself this time. An absolutely great feature only a true guitarist could think of :thu:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...