Rate my pedalboard

Megadeth7684

• Members

Originally posted by box handler

As for the Marshall, it's not unlike those of us who like Acoustic 150's or JC120's, is it?

i can't speak for the acoustic 150 as i have yet to play one, but the marshall valvestate series has sounded like ass from day one. i've played the 8100 series. i've played the newer MG series. and i've played everything in between. they're not remotely close to being half the amp that the roland JC120 is.

• Members

Originally posted by Megadeth7684

The 8100 sounds way better than the AVT or MG series. Chuck from Death played one and sounded like a God with it. You effect pussies cower in fear of Chuck.

yeah, i remember going through that death metal phase when i was in junior high school. considering he never used the clean channel ever, he didn't have to worry about that. and now that there are boutique pedals that get much better high gain distortion, that amp is pretty obsolete around here. glad you like it though. there's one at the practice space i rehearse at. there's also a JC120 and a fender silverface twin. needless to say, i never play through that marshall.

Archived