Rate my pedalboard

Megadeth7684

• Members

yeah, I want an option for "not bad, in fact not much of anything"

:)

seriously though, you've got a good foundation, if that's all you need more power to you...worst thing in the world is the guy who has amillion pedals on his board and only uses 2.

• Members

hey mega,

i post in the amp forum a bunch too, and i understand how the amp forum feels about effects and vice versa...but i'm not really sure why you keep making threads like this? regardless, you do have some nice amps for metal...but effects aren't "useless" to everyone. i'm all for the plug in and play style, but i'm also for the create something crazy with some delay/verb/modulation/whatever. i have a pedalboard. it's plugged in a lot, but it's also left off a lot.

just don't really get the constant trolling :confused:

• Members

Originally posted by Megadeth7684

Trolling in a troll thread, brilliant.

i've played 2 of those 3 amps, the ENGL being the one i haven't tried yet. but without playing it, i can be certain it kicks the crap out of the other two hunks of {censored} you have on top of it.

i wouldn't play those 2 amps if you paid me to. horrible cleans, even worse distortion.

• Members

Originally posted by Help!I'maRock!

i've played 2 of those 3 amps, the ENGL being the one i haven't tried yet. but without playing it, i can be certain it kicks the crap out of the other two hunks of {censored} you have on top of it.

i wouldn't play those 2 amps if you paid me to. horrible cleans, even worse distortion.

nope, that's a classic {censored} sandwich. {censored} stacked on top of {censored} on top of {censored}.

• Members

originally posted by Help!I'maRock!

I'm assuming you don't play high gain metal? Yes the 5150 clean sucks, it isn't even a true clean channel, it has 2 distortion channels, but you will not find a better amp for lead guitar than a 5150. It's also is one of the best overall metal amps ever made. The Marshall is a great amp for $200, sounds very good for what I play. In Flames, Death and Meshuggah all used the Marshall 8100 as well, their tones all rule. The Engl is better than both amps, and the clean channel is Fender like. Here's a clip...

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000168797_000029447.mp3

• Members

I'm assuming you don't play high gain metal?

i don't play thrash metal or anything, but i use a {censored}load of distortion in both bands i'm in. my amp is a Mesa Boogie Subway Rocket, and i use either of the distortion voicings, or a Foxrox ZIM with T+ and H9 cards.

i'll check out that clip at home.

• Members

5150=

Front_Jar_Bees.jpg

and whats the point of getting on here making fun of people with a ton of pedals when you have 3 100 watt amps?

i mean if youre going to have 3 amps, at least get 3 that are for different things. you need a 50 watt el34 amp for distortion, a 100 watt 6l6 amp for cleans, and a 30 or less watt el84/6v6 amp for everything else.

• Members

I don't have 3 100 watt amps. I have two 100 watt amps and one 120 watt amp. I have all three because I like all three. I only bought the Marshall because it was $200. I like to use the Blackmore and 5150 together. It sounds better on recordings when you use different amps and layer them. If you think a 5150 sounds like a bee swarm, you don't know how to dial in an amp.

• Members

I think you guys should stop giving him {censored} for his amps. To each his own. Plus, the 5150 can be made to sound good on the lead channel (for rhythm playing, oddly enough), and the ENGL is a highly respected amp. As for the Marshall, it's not unlike those of us who like Acoustic 150's or JC120's, is it?

That being said, I wouldn't own any of those amps, but I can understand why someone with Megadeth in their moniker would.

• Members

I don't have 3 100 watt amps. I have two 100 watt amps and one 120 watt amp. I have all three because I like all three. I only bought the Marshall because it was $200. I like to use the Blackmore and 5150 together. It sounds better on recordings when you use different amps and layer them. If you think a 5150 sounds like a bee swarm, you don't know how to dial in an amp.

it sounds like a bee swarm even when you arent playing. and judging by your amps, i would gather that you use the highest gain on your 5150, the only useable gain on those things is the "crunch" channel.

the only heads ive ever liked by peavey were the vtm120's. they lay waste to a 5150 at about 1/3rd of the price.

plus, your not going to convert anyone in here if you cant at least appreciate a good fuzz pedal.

Archived