Impulse buy: DL4

Mike_E_McGee

• Members

So the verbzilla not being out yet, I decided to buy a DD-20. I worked a very long week last week, and wanted to buy myself something pretty. I've been dealing with a dd-5 for years, and found it limiting. Delay is one of my favorite effects, so why be limited??

I've been going over it since the DD-20 came out. DD-20, or DL4? What cinched it for me was that I often heard that the 20 had better sound (though the dl was often times referred to as being more musical which I don't quite get). Better sound from the 20, and reliablity problems from the DL. It didn't hurt that the 20 is like $80 cheaper either.

I got to the store, and started fiddling with the DD-20 on display. I really don't like the two footswitch layout. I much prefer the Line 6's arrangement. I started talking about the looping, and the salesguy started showing me how it was implemented on the 20. I've never used a looper, and don't know how much I will. On the DD-20, I don't think I'd ever use it.

I prefer the control layout of the Line 6. I much prefer the looper implementation on the Line 6. I've never had any QC issues with my POD XT. I want the most musical sounding box...

I was pretty much sold on the DL4 when I found out that they didn't have any DD-20's in stock. That was the clincher, the sign from God that mine won't break like some people's have. This was the right delay for me. I paid and walked out.

Then I got my second sign of the day. I got in my car and the check engine light lit up and stayed lit. I guess a $300 impulse buy might have been a bad idea. It might have been a very bad idea in fact. Oh well, I'm counting the minutes until I can take her home and plug her into my board! Too bad I've got to teach a lesson on the way home. Then again, 30 minutes of my time gives me $20 in the new car/engine/Lazer scooter fund.

:D

• Members

Originally posted by Shamuspizzbutt

Shucks...

*draws circle in dirt with toe*

So are you anti DD-20? I just popped over the gear page, and there is no love for the DL4 over there.

im pro delay. i love the dd-20, but the DL4 kicks its ass. at one point i had 4 DL4's on my board. and at one point i had 2 dl4's and a dd-20. both are awesome, but IMO the DL4 totally bon jovi's the dd-20's ass.

• Members

Originally posted by VicShat

im pro delay. i love the dd-20, but the DL4 kicks its ass. at one point i had 4 DL4's on my board. and at one point i had 2 dl4's and a dd-20. both are awesome, but IMO the DL4 totally bon jovi's the dd-20's ass.

that is now sigged

Archived