Who Uses Delay Self-Oscillation?

varialbender

• Members

I use my DE-7 for oscillation alone and at band practice. I plan on using it at the end of a solo, but the ocasion hasn't arised yet (I play bass, so solo's are rare)

I usually bust out the PME delay when getting together with HCEF members, but that doesn't really count.

• Members

Originally posted by preservation

often, as transitions and or freak-outs.

2 saved oscillation patches on my DL4 and one on my DD-20.

plus the DE-7 is GREAT at oscillating.

and your mom is good at oscillating too.

Does the DD-20 oscillate?

• Members

Originally posted by varialbender

Who here uses it live? On recording? At band practice? Alone? And how?

I use it live and on recording and band practice.

usually, i'll tap the tempo of the beat in, play one riff, and let it go. then use light picking to barely match the volume level of the oscillation so it slowly takes over the normal riff, and then i'll switch off to my normal delay patch.

i have my DL4 setup to return the repeats pretty quiet, but slowly build the longer it goes -- so my oscillation isn't a total spaceship landing freakout.

less is more, with oscillation textures, i think.

• Members

Originally posted by IndofunkCity

Nice stuff!!
:cool:
God I love delay....

And thanks for the compliment, varial
:cool:

edit
: Tea, just finished listening to the tune. It's freakin' AWESOME! Love it! Damn, I can just picture myself standing in a club grooving to that shit. Where do you play?

Hey, thanks man! :cool:

We don't gig much, the band is a relaxed three piece and we just enjoy jamming. Although, I do feel the need brewing at the moment, the last gig we did was in August.

That tune was a jam we recorded at our rehearsal space. There are two other, earlier versions of it at the bottom of this page.

I just listened to your tune as I was typing this, great stuff indeed and the oscillations jumped right out at me! Excellent, very spooky sounds. Reminds me of the middle section in whole lotta love, that runaway theramin sound. Fantastic playing too, mate.icon14.gif

• Members

Oscillation is the coolest part of delays IMHO.

I wish there was a way to control the feedback on my DMM with a foot pedal for ultimate control, but I do fine without it for now.

I think the Memory Lane has that option...can't wait to have an extra 400 smackers lyin' around.

• Members

Originally posted by Teahead

That tune was a jam we recorded at our rehearsal space. There are two other, earlier versions of it at the bottom of
this page.

Sweet, I like all the versions. And I just remembered, I used to have some of your tunes on my hard drive before it crashed and I lost everything. Gotta restock now :cool:

(if you want to hear more of mine, the links are in my sig)

• Members

Originally posted by Wilbo26

Oscillation is the coolest part of delays IMHO.

I wish there was a way to control the feedback on my DMM with a foot pedal for ultimate control, but I do fine without it for now.

Is there room in the case for another jack? It should be relatively easy to mod a delay to include a jack for an expression pedal.

One of my pedal projects is rehousing a DD-2 in a wah enclosure. I'm not sure it's going to fit, but I'm trying my hardest :D. The main treadle pedal will be for the delay time, but then I'm also adding a loop in the feedback path (for extra effects and a volume pedal to kill the echos) and a expression pedal for the echo level.

With all that I can control everything with my three feet, mwhaa mwhaa ha. Wait a minute, 3 feet? Damn, I knew there was a flaw in this plan. :rolleyes:

Archived