Ampeg reverberocket 12 w/ extension cab?

incubass

• Members

Anyone tried this with a 60's era reverberocket? I was thinking of adding a 12" extension cab to have a 2 12" setup...how much would this add for me volumewise? The amp in question is supposedly rated at 33 watts. does that sound high to you for a 60's reverberocket II?

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Hey incubass

I've got a '67 Reverberocket II.

Teddy's right - the Reverberocket, Reverbojet and Reverberocket II all put out about 15-18 watts

Using 2 12's will certainly give you a fuller sound. However I wouldn't recommend running an external cab in addition to the loaded speaker - you could damage your transformer with the impedance missmatch.

If you need more stage volume, I really think the best option is to load the combo with a highly efficient speaker like a Weber 12F150

If you really need the spead of 2 12's why not get a 2x12 cab (make sure it's wired for 8ohms) and use either the external cab or the internal speaker depending on your needs.

On mine the speake is wired to the transformer -- no output jacks, so you will have disconnect the speaker and install a jack to which you could then plug either the internal speake or external cab

to

Archived