Looking for dougsthang, or any Digitech / DOD savvy

gnurph

• Members

I'm writing this under the assumption that DOD and Digitech are related, please help! I have a DOD Super American Metal pedal, FX56-B, and it used to kick serious ass. I say used to, 'cos it don't work anymore. The battery thing is loose (I think), you know, the part that actually attaches to the battery to power the pedal. I wiggle it a bit, it works. I breathe in it's general direction, it goes out. Can this be fixed? If yes, is this likely to be a costly procedure? And lastly, do you know where one might get a replacement battery cover?

• Members

1. The battery clip is easy to replace; it may very well have come loose over time. They often do.

2. Also, make sure that the nuts on the input, output, and AC jacks are tightened; sometimes, the ground connection depends on this, and frequent plugging/unplugging can loosen them.

3. DOD battery doors spontaneously vanish after a certain number of years have passed. It is generally accepted that they are somehow procured for use in making either O-rings for the space shuttles or Diet Coke.

• Members

Originally posted by Leftside

DOD = Division of Digitech...so yea.... right?

actually, no. keeping in mind that DOD existed a good 10yrs prior to digitech, this is one piece of misinformation that needs to be exterminated.

find the real info in Analog Man's Guide to Vintage Effects.

• Members

A simple equation for you- Me + soldering iron = accident waiting to happen. So, I'll just take it to the local music store, and pay the $10 fee the dude usually charges for small stuff.

So, what you're saying is that DOD battery doors are like pens, soocks, and CD cases.

And lastly... if thirteen mokeys are give ex-lax and locked in a room, and Britney Spears is playing in the room... How much feces is flung total, and how much feces is in the air at all times?

• Members

Originally posted by palthegiraffe

2. Also, make sure that the nuts on the input, output, and AC jacks are tightened; sometimes, the ground connection depends on this, and frequent plugging/unplugging can loosen them.

I tested this last night on a DOD of a similar age as yours. If the little AC jack's nut is not tight, it can definitely make the pedal turn off or shut down. Instead of wiring that jack's ground connection to anything, its designer just depends on it touching the pedal enclosure; so if that comes loose, the ground connection is lost.

Not that it still couldn't be the battery clip wires (one of which is soldered to that jack, FYI). But make sure everything is tight first.

• Members

I went to high school with DOD, he's a great guy in fact last week we had a BBQ at the park, he's a Vegan now and can't eat meat cuz he has sorosis of the eye. Anyways he was telling me that without that battery door the pedal won't werk for very long. In fact he said that it's miracle that it will at all without it as they have a negativ field generator transmitor chip(nfgtc) installed in them to counteract the Flux Geranium diodes (fgd), so you may have the battery door near by if it still werks.

Also you can't mate old pedals with a new door, it won't werk!

You may be screaming No, No, but all they hear is who want's cake.

Archived