OT: Hurricane Wilma coverage

Sir H C

• Members

So CNN is talking all about how it is going to probably hit Florida. No mention of that big island (Cuba) that is right between Wilma and Florida. Amazing we won't mention that or all the other islands that will likely get trashed by this storm.

• Members

I love the overhyping of a category 5 hurricane that's miles and miles away. And at that, one that will blow through a substantial amount of land areas, and perhaps weaken before making landfall in the U.S.

I (((heart)))) the massive panicking of media outlets. You'd think they've been reading the tabloids or something... :rolleyes:

Move to the midwest where nothing happens in everyday life, you get 30 minutes or less of warning of a big-ass tornado coming at you. Cold as a witch's teat winds and winters. None of that hurricane crap. :)

(am I being sarcastic enough, or should I try harder?)

• Members

For tornadoes they love to cover the aftermath, but there is no plot tension in such coverage, so I guess it doesn't do as well in the ratings. The drama is what they love.

Here in the mid-atlantic they will build up a snow storm for days that fizzles out into some flurries. Schools close in advance of the "monster" storm that does nothing. It is amazing.

Archived