New ToneFactor Custom Shop Pedal - What Should it Be?

BR4D

• Members

I'm fishing for ideas here. We're working on building up a pretty nice stable of high quality moderately priced effects in the Custom Shop. We have a stellar lineup so far (IMO, of course :) ) , but there's always room for more. We have a couple of ideas in the works, but I would like to see what you guys think.

We're probably not going to be doing any more fuzzes anytime soon. Between the Hellbilly, and Omega we have that covered for now. We also have a killer compressor and envelope filter. So nothing needed there.

I think it goes without saying that we're not going to get into anything too intense right away like delay or flangers.

So that leaves us with the following. Give me some input.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just traded my Moog Ring Mod, so I'm not gonna go there.

There are two relatively new budget univibes - the Magicboy and the MoFaux, so that's gonna be a tough niche to crack open.

A year ago I would have said phaser, but there are at least three new TB phasers out there around $150.

Three knob OD's are everywhere.

Distortion is a good possibility. Go to the dark side. :cool:

• Members

Originally posted by BmoreTele

There are two relatively new budget univibes - the Magicboy and the MoFaux, so that's gonna be a tough niche to crack open.

A year ago I would have said phaser, but there are at least three new TB phasers out there around $150.

Good points. I have no desire to compete with those two vibes. If we ever do the Vibe thing it will be a full on production with at least 3 knobs.

I also agree that there are lots of nice phasers on the market right now.

• Members

I voted "other", something like a four channel O.D./Distortion set up in one box. two seperate od's, and two seperate distortions in a single box. Ie; like a A/B/C/D switchable unit in one box to help clean up the adapter/cable clutter. Something like a SD-1& TS-9 with a DS-1 and a what ever. With the ability to use(up to) two channels at one time (with two output lines)

Hey you asked!:D

Oh Oh oH, and each channel has to ahve a different coloured LED!!:freak:

• Members
Originally posted by Cowinacape

I voted "other", something like a four channel O.D./Distortion set up in one box. two seperate od's, and two seperate distortions in a single box. Ie; like a A/B/C/D switchable unit in one box to help clean up the adapter/cable clutter. Something like a SD-1& TS-9 with a DS-1 and a what ever. With the ability to use(up to) two channels at one time (with two output lines)

Hey you asked!
:D

Oh Oh oH, and each channel has to ahve a different coloured LED!!
:freak:

What the hell ?!?!

Put the pipe DOWN!!

Archived