Guitar Center + Line 6 Tone Core = ???

Arjae

• Members

So I stopped by GC tonight. I asked the kid behind the counter if he knew when the new Tone Cores were expected. As you would suspect, his reply was "Uhhh new Tone Cores? What do you mean? What are they?" So after I was about to walk away, I figured I would appease him a bit and explained to him about the Verb Zilla, Liqua Flange, etc. He knew absolutely nothing about them but here comes the interesting part, "Oh!!! So that explains why Line 6 pulled our entire inventory except for the Echo Park and Uber Metal. They must be replacing them all with a new line." So I asked him about the pulling of inventory and he said that they had to send all the Tone Cores back to Line 6. He said it was due to them not selling at all. I did look behind the counter and sure enough..... just EP's and UM's.

Does anyone else find this interesting? Seems like maybe something is up other than the big delay in the Verb Zilla and other new ones.

• Members

Originally posted by Arjae

So I stopped by GC tonight. I asked the kid behind the counter if he knew when the new Tone Cores were expected. As you would suspect, his reply was "Uhhh new Tone Cores? What do you mean? What are they?" So after I was about to walk away, I figured I would appease him a bit and explained to him about the Verb Zilla, Liqua Flange, etc. He knew absolutely nothing about them but here comes the interesting part, "Oh!!! So that explains why Line 6 pulled our entire inventory except for the Echo Park and Uber Metal. They must be replacing them all with a new line." So I asked him about the pulling of inventory and he said that they had to send all the Tone Cores back to Line 6. He said it was due to them not selling at all. I did look behind the counter and sure enough..... just EP's and UM's.

Does anyone else find this interesting? Seems like maybe something is up other than the big delay in the Verb Zilla and other new ones.

hmm interesting

• Members

Originally posted by Kid_A

Mr.Huge posted on another thread about this...

Line6 have been shipping since Oct 1st, so apprantly its down to GC...

Do a search for the Verbzilla thread...

:)

I am aware of what Mr. Huge said in that other thread. He said that they have been shipping since the 1st and it is up to GC to get them out.

The point of my post above is that the GC near me said that Line 6 pulled their whole inventory other that the Echo Park and Uber Metal. I can't understand why they would do that.

• Members

Originally posted by Arjae

I am aware of what Mr. Huge said in that other thread. He said that they have been shipping since the 1st and it is up to GC to get them out.

The point of my post above is that the GC near me said that Line 6 pulled their whole inventory other that the Echo Park and Uber Metal. I can't understand why they would do that.

I was on the sales floor at a GC for the whole run of the 1st series Tonecores and I don't think I ever sold anything but an Uber Metal or an Echo Park and I only saw a few of the others sold. So it doesn't really suprise me if GC stopped carrying the less popular pedals.

Now if they stopped treating employees who kept up on gear like {censored} they'd be getting somewhere.

• Members

i doubt this has anything to do with line 6...

gc just dosnt stock stuff that dosnt sell ALOT!

when i worked there things were different!!!

(cause id do fake special orders to get stuff i wanted in there :) )

anyone notice the selection at the bost store sucks more than it did 4 months ago? :)

• Members

Originally posted by doug deeper

i doubt this has anything to do with line 6...

gc just dosnt stock stuff that dosnt sell ALOT!

when i worked there things were different!!!

(cause id do fake special orders to get stuff i wanted in there
)

anyone notice the selection at the bost store sucks more than it did 4 months ago?

To be honest, they seem to have some pretty decent stuff in there now. Not that they didn't before. It is just hit or miss. I work about 10 minutes from the Boston store and live about 30 seconds from the Danvers store so I am always in and out of both of them to see what is up.

Archived