new song thing -- ZOOEY vs. DELOREAN

• Members

Originally posted by lou_weed

That seriously kicks ass. The first part kinda reminds me of Space Needle. What did you use for drums?

thanks, man!

there's some Adrenalinn drums on there that are kinda filtered and effected, but Zooey did the "good" sounding drums. not sure what he used, actually.

• Members
Originally posted by ginnboonmiller

Kickass.

If no one gets some producer to fund a remake of Repo Man with you and Zooey providing the soundtrack, then something is wrong with America.

(Also, you and me gotta talk bass rigs. That's the sound right there.)

i wish i could take credit, but that's all Zooey on bass! he based his line on this really simple line in the original demo, but took it somewhere i never envisioned it going. and it's got some GROWL going on too! :D

• Members

RAWK. Some technical notes for them that's curious:

The drums are just a simple mono drum loop, synced to Delorean's masterful pitch-shifted riff via Ableton Live. The growl bass is my humble MIM Jazz bass through a Foxx Tone Machine clone that also made an appearance at the Bay Area FX Summit a few weeks ago.

Although Mr. D and I live just a short and seismicaly unsound bridge ride apart, this collaboration was conducted completely through the US postal service. Maybe there are more closet recordists here that would like to participate in the mayhem?

Archived