THD Hotplate users

whiteshadow

• Members

I have a question for all the users out there: How would I be able to use a Hotplate with a combo amp (Vox AC30 TB):confused:

Since I don't have a speaker out or a cab, I don't know how this would work. Can anyone help me, or offer an alternative method for attenuating this amp?

• Members

There will still be a cable running from the speaker to the power section of the amp. Check back in your amp and see what kind of connection is there. You should be able to run a cable from the power section to the Hotplate, and then another from the Hotplate to the speakers, although you might have to get some special type of cable to do it. My amp has a speaker out jack inside of it, and a cable that goes from there to the speaker itself.

• Members

Originally posted by Wilbo26

There will still be a cable running from the speaker to the power section of the amp. Check back in your amp and see what kind of connection is there. You should be able to run a cable from the power section to the Hotplate, and then another from the Hotplate to the speakers, although you might have to get some special type of cable to do it. My amp has a speaker out jack inside of it, and a cable that goes from there to the speaker itself.

Yeah you just plug the lead from the peaker into the Hotplate, and then another lead from the amp to the Hotplate. Be sure not to use a guitar lead though, it has to be a speaker lead.

Archived