Is there some sort of discrete symbol or something I can put on my door...

jcn37203

• Members

To keep the {censored} damn Jehova's Whitnesses, mormon missionaries and any other doorstep proselytizers away?

I mean, there aren't very many things I can think of that are more obnoxious than knocking on my door on a saturday morning to tell me I'm not living right.

I don't want to hang up pentagrams or anything rude. But surely there's some little something I can do.

Like I heard something about a thumbtack in your doorframe or something like that tells some group of door to door something or others to stay away.

:confused:

• Members

Overall I prefer the Mormons, because at least they have the decency to ask if I'm interested in receiving a message from God. You can just say no thanks to them, and they leave.

The JW's though, you open the door and they're like auctioneers. You have to be rude to them and either interrupt them, or jsut shut the door in their faces, because they won't shut up.

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

Overall I prefer the Mormons, because at least they have the decency to ask if I'm interested in receiving a message from God. You can just say no thanks to them, and they leave.

The JW's though, you open the door and they're like auctioneers. You
have
to be rude to them and either interrupt them, or jsut shut the door in their faces, because they won't shut up.

my dad used to stand out there and yell & argue w/ them for hours. apperently he did a good job, because i haven't seen one in awhile.

• Members
Originally posted by DaSkip

I use our peep hole and just don't answer the door. I have a no soliciting sign as well.
:mad:

Actually, thats what I did this morning. I just peeped, and didn't answer. It was funny though because when they knocked, my dog went nuts. So I was yelling at him to go downstairs right in front of the door. Then i saw who it was and just walked off.

lol.

I actually had a no soliciting sign at my last apartment, and one of those little punk ass magazine kids stole it, then knocked on my door and asked if I wanted to buy some magazines. I know it was him, because I came home from work, saw the sign on the door when I walked in the apt, and 5 minutes later when he knocked, the sign was gone.

• Members

Originally posted by lowroadrevival

Chick bike.

Dude, unless you've got a real Harley to back that statement up, I'd be quiet. It's nicer than my ride to work, for sure.

Besides, I doubt I'd ever buy a Harley. The Japanese companies make better cruisers for less money - and any real biker will tell you the bike doesn't make the rider, but vice versa.

Personally, I'd go for a Honda VTX 1800 myself - big 1.8l twin (more than some of the cars I've owned!) making 106 hp and 120 lb-ft. Not bad for $13k. Meanwhile:

"Honda has taken some flack for coming late to the big-cruiser party, and with the VTX not only has it answered the call but annihilated the competition. Examples? A Harley Twin Cam 88 (in stock displacement) makes about 63 horsepower and 76 foot-pounds of torque; a Kawasaki Vulcan 1500, 55 and 74; a Yamaha Road Star, 57 and 89. Why, the VTX even pips the Valky in torque (by four foot-pounds) but loses in max horsepower (by about eight) because the flat-six revs higher." - Motorcyclist Magazine.

Oh, and to answer the question at hand, my friend Stoo in Florida had a cheap, perfectly simply solution: a "No Jehovahs" sticker placed prominantly on the front door.

• Members

Originally posted by mabus013

Dude, unless you've got a real Harley to back that statement up, I'd be quiet. It's nicer than my ride to work, for sure.

Besides, I doubt I'd ever buy a Harley. The Japanese companies make better cruisers for less money - and any real biker will tell you the bike doesn't make the rider, but vice versa.

Personally, I'd go for a Honda VTX 1800 myself - big 1.8l twin (more than some of the cars I've owned!) making 106 hp and 120 lb-ft. Not bad for $13k. Meanwhile:

"Honda has taken some flack for coming late to the big-cruiser party, and with the VTX not only has it answered the call but annihilated the competition. Examples? A Harley Twin Cam 88 (in stock displacement) makes about 63 horsepower and 76 foot-pounds of torque; a Kawasaki Vulcan 1500, 55 and 74; a Yamaha Road Star, 57 and 89. Why, the VTX even pips the Valky in torque (by four foot-pounds) but loses in max horsepower (by about eight) because the flat-six revs higher." - Motorcyclist Magazine.

Oh, and to answer the question at hand, my friend Stoo in Florida had a cheap, perfectly simply solution: a "No Jehovahs" sticker placed prominantly on the front door.

I would never pimp a jap cruiser. that's just straight up LAME. My personal ride is a 1972 triumph tiger, thank you, a good old classic british twin with balls and class. Not some fake watered down rendition of a harley. That bike pictured is to Harley, what Crate is to Marshall.

• Members

This will deter pretty much any pseudo-Christian cult...
http://skreddypedals.com/philosophy/trinity.htm
Printable version...
http://skreddypedals.com/philosophy/trinity.doc

Nice bikes. The seat on that top one looks painful. I would not want to hit a bump on that bike.

I really don't care where a bike is made, personally. Some of the coolest-looking ones are the old Indians, IMO.

• Members

I have a problem with talking to Mormons, altho they are very nice people, they believe, for example, the Garden of Eden was in the USA and have other "silly" beliefs, in my opinion. I've had the most interesting discussions with Jehovah's Witnesses, however. They were the only one's that could reasonably answer my religious questions, including refuting evolution from a scientific standpoint.

• Members
Originally posted by riffdaddy

I know this sounds horrible, but do something to indicate a higher degree of melanin. My experience has been that Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons don't care much for our darker-complected brethren.

:confused:

Every Jehova's Whitness I've ever met has been black.

And what am I supposed to do? Throw chicken bones watermellon rinds around my yard?

Archived