Look at this Super Duper on the bay. Feedback check

tropics

• Members

I think that tells the story pretty well...he tends to overcharge for shipping, then doesn't pack things well. Seems to have a lot of items damaged in shipping...which either means he's selling broken gear or he's packing it very poorly.

A guitar pedal is probably fine...I don't think it would break. I would ask for a few additional pictures and confirm the service he's shipping with before bidding, though.

If you want to be really anal, take pictures of the condition of the box when it arrives, as well as pictures as you remove the pedal from the box. Any damage will be apparent, and any discrepancies will be clear.

• Members

Not that bad of a feedback history. I had to go back 3 pages to find one... and the guy complaining had a big "0" next to HIS name so that doesn't carry a lot of weight with me. Another one was about shipping to another country fees. Small time stuff. Don't bid if you feel he's dodgy but I certainly wouldn't have reservations if I wanted that pedal.

• Members

96% isn't all that great. It's not terrible, but you can check out what he got negatives and neutrals for and it tells a pretty clear story:

Neutral:
Item was not in 'Excellent Condition'. Item damaged and broken piece missing.
Buyer euphoric_breakbeats ( 2 ) Aug-22-05 17:28 7340541950
Reply by acewho4: Any damage was done in shipping buyer never told me about damage! BAD EBAYER!!

Neutral:
Didn't recieve my order until a month later. Poor packaging, torn and damaged
Buyer 1493christopher ( 0 ) Jul-15-05 10:30 7326643026
Reply by acewho4: Buyer told me he would pick it up then said to ship it a month later!

Negative:
I have tried to contact seller numerious times , he will not respond.
Buyer deerhunterblue ( 0 ) Jul-12-05 16:26 7334099477
Reply by acewho4: CRAZY I sent this buyer his item right away Out of line SLANDER! Kick him off!!

Negative:
Bought plastic keyboard for $41. Invoice a few mins later for $120. "Shipping."
Buyer ravinelad ( 7 ) May-23-05 08:50 7321397594
Reply by acewho4: BS!!! Buyer's address was CANADA then told me to ship in the USA! SLANDER!!!!

Negative:
Avoid this seller at all costs!!!!!!!!!1DODGY!!!!!
Buyer biggreenal ( 47) May-07-05 01:47 4071454715
Reply by acewho4: Ridiculous! This buyer never paid me and then leaves negative feedback SLANDER

Negative:
FRAUDSTER. CHARGED FOR AIR [$111]. SENT BY SEA[$55].GUITAR AND CASE SMASHED UP..
Buyer england_expects(private) Mar-14-05 04:23 3772437763
Reply by acewho4: Customer charged for Sea, guitar was destroyed by post office...not my fault!! Mar-21-05 16:15
Follow-up by england_expects: Howie is a liar and a serial fraudster. Stay well clear.

Neutral:
Charged $32 USPS Priority THEN used $7.80 snail mail. Great vinyl - sad service

Negative:
Seller Riped 135.50 from ME never shipped item and refused 2 answer emails
Buyer dijarum ( 10) Feb-11-05 16:59 3775763818
Follow-up by dijarum: Working on changing to neutral item came signicantly late but came none the less

Neutral:
The guitar is lovely. Shame about being charged $120 for $60 postage.

Negative:
Ridiculous overcharge for shipping, emailed for refund, no response
Buyer sroot324 ( 96) Dec-24-04 09:17 4056199374
Reply by acewho4: NOT TRUE-- Buyer paid full shipping costs and is out of line buyer pays shipping

Neutral:
item was as described, grossly over-charged for shipping

Neutral:
needs to use a cheaper postage service.otherwise ok

Negative:
A HOLE and lots of SCRATCHES,this pod is NO LIKE NEW THING.It's ABUSED & STINKS!

Neutral:
item looked like it was pulled from the garbage. it was nasty. cleaned up, works

Archived