Verbzilla sort of review...

Passerby

• Members
Originally posted by stent

Do reverb pedals sound any good going into the front of an amp?

I would have thought the gain would mess up the sound. Do you have to run the thing through your effects loop to get the best sound?

if so then
:(
cuz my effects loop murders my sound. something to do with impedences and stuff.

I think it depends where you get your distortion... If you get if from your amp rather than from pedals, well, you can imagine.

• Members

even the gain from the clean channel would affect the effect wouldn't it?
it sounds like a filter sweep if i run a big muff or similar fuzz into the front of my amp and then turn the gain knob.
do you have to be quite careful how you set your amps gain to keep the sound in tact? or is it best to add reverb on pre recorded tracks using e.g. an effects send on your recording console?

• Members
Originally posted by IndofunkCity

I'm also real curious about the stereo thing. Try this:

Just use the Verbzilla. Plug your guitar into one of the ins, and plug a dummy cable into the other in (to fool Mr. Verbzilla into thinking you're coming in stereo). Then take 2 cables out, and test to see if you get sound out of both. If it's true stereo, then you'll ONLY get a signal out of the same output that you plugged your guitar into. E.g., if you have your guitar in the RIGHT in, you'll only get sound coming out of the RIGHT out. If you get sound out of both outputs, then it sums to mono in the pedal.

My question is, what's the use of a stereo pedal that sums to mono??? It's like every stereo pedal in the world that does that is saying "nah nah, you can only use me at the very end of your chain, and I'm going to totally destroy the effect of every other stereo pedal in your chain
:evil:
"

:mad:

Bump to see if Passerby tried this ...... and also to ask where he got his verbzilla!! :love:

• Members
Originally posted by IndofunkCity

Bump to see if Passerby tried this ...... and also to ask where he got his verbzilla!!
:love:

I'm curious too. According to this , the Echo Park delay pedal is NOT true stereo, so I'm tempted to think that the Verbzilla isn't either. (At least if you believe the above page.)

(I went ahead and ordered the Verbzilla, because I don't need true stereo either. However, it won't come for a while, but if you still need to know mid-Nov (knock on damn wood now) I can do it for you IFC.)

• Members
Originally posted by fractal

(I went ahead and ordered the Verbzilla, because I don't need true stereo either. However, it won't come for a while, but if you still need to know mid-Nov (knock on damn wood now) I can do it for you IFC.)

Yes, please do let me know. I'm going through serious verb angst here ... and I NEED a true stereo verb that makes no noise (unlike my damn Nanoverb :mad: )

I'm thinking an RV5, or if the verbzilla is truly badass, then a verbzilla :cool:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Bump for IFC

I tested the "stereo-ness" of the Verbzilla, as far as it passing a stereo signal path through the pedal....it does.

In my chain, the pedal right before the Verbzilla is a Visual Sound H2O, which has two outputs. One out is the effected out, the other is a dry signal.

The Verbzilla maintained the stereo image, i.e. the echos stayed only on the right channel, dry on the left. This worked with the Verbzilla on or off.

Great pedal, I like the octo and cave of course, but the plate is real smooth and the tile/echo settings can give a real nice slapback. I have spring reverb on my amp, so I don't really use the spring settings, but they're pretty good - 63 spring is less "boingy" than the regular spring setting.

:thu:

Archived