MONSTERPIECE NPN - users??

Echotraveler

• Members

hey ive noticed the new npn monsterPIECE that

"duderanimous" is building, it seems solid, well built, and 85$ shipped seems like nice ass price...

i bet that many sales were generated in the forum, so i ask you guys....what do you think??

its a fuzzface clone aint it?

is it usable on almost all settings?

what should i expect?

i responded to gas and bought these...well im sending money order tomorrow...:thu:

MonsterPiece24001.jpg

• Members

The current production Monsterpiece's are a lot more versatile than the ones I made back from late 2001 to early 2003. The added bias knob helps, as well as further tweaks to the circuit design.

By experimenting with the bias and fuzz levels, a whole gamut of sounds can be had from boost to overdrive to distortion to full on fuzz madness. :cool:

• Members
Originally posted by duderanimous

The current production Monsterpiece's are a lot more versatile than the ones I made back from late 2001 to early 2003. The added bias knob helps, as well as further tweaks to the circuit design.

By experimenting with the bias and fuzz levels, a whole gamut of sounds can be had from boost to overdrive to distortion to full on fuzz madness.
:cool:

thanx for the fast responses man

:thu:

• Members

i did a review quite recently of my Monsterpiece.

A lot of boost to be had. Works best loud. Seems to be a silicon fuzz face (high gain, a little harsh, spitty fuzz at full volume).

Price tag is a steal. It's smooth and makes a great lead tone. Smoother than my Big Cheese.

I agree it's not so versatile (but i don't have the bias knob)...but the sound it pulls is very cool.

• Members
Originally posted by duderanimous

By experimenting with the bias and fuzz levels, a whole gamut of sounds can be had from boost to overdrive to distortion to full on fuzz madness.
:cool:

How extensive is the bias range? Can you get synthy/gated sounds?

• Members
Originally posted by ck3

How extensive is the bias range? Can you get synthy/gated sounds?

With the bias knob set at minimum it's just starting to enter the territory you are asking about... not full on gated sound, but it does start gating/cutting out. Overall the design is geared more towards usable, musical sounding.

All I can say is this... read my eBay feedback and the user review in the HC user review database. EVERYONE... and I do mean everyone, who has purchased one has been glad they did. Try one... you'll like it :cool:

Archived