I Dare Anyone To Find A Trace Elliot Velocette Twin!

Echotraveler

• Members

I DARE YOU FIND ONE IN THE WORLD THATS FOR SALE!!!

{censored}ING A!...

CAN I CALL MINE RARE BY MARKET DEFAULT...AND THUS ASK STUPID AMOUNTS OF MONEY

I WOULD PUT MY AMP AT 3,000 STARTING BID...

WOULD I GET AWAY WITH IT??

:cool:

102_0265.jpg

(i would totaly take other pics;) )

• Members

Originally posted by Kriegsemann

looks kinda like those gibson goltones... very cool!
:thu:

its the same circuit, gibson bought the velocette from trace elliot.....in fact gibson absorbed trace elliot......and the velos are GOLDTONES, i thinkg the they come in 1x10, 1x12, combined 12 and 10, and 2x12....they are {censored}ing expensive

• Members

I love my Goldtone (1x12 w/ reverb)

Its a great amp, and I got it for a nice deal.

Funny, I saw a Gibson Super Goldtone Twin (I think the super line was based off the Trace Elliot Speed Twin line). They wanted $1300 (it was at a Guitar Center) and I thought that was ridiculous. I think I've seen em go for like $500-$600 on the 'bay.

The Goldtone/Velocette line is IMO one of the best kept amp secrets. It was your Twin Velocette that made me want one in the first place. So tiny for a twin.

• Members

Originally posted by Kriegsemann

damn... i was always curious about the goldtones before they went out of production. Do you know if the new gibson "vintage" looking amps are anything similar?

nop i dont think so, they also look yummy

The Goldtone/Velocette line is IMO one of the best kept amp secrets. It was your Twin Velocette that made me want one in the first place. So tiny for a twin.

that also got me gasing...the amp is small, and the weight is bareable...the 2 tens are amazing, celestion vintage 30's ....the guy didnt use it, it was in mint condition when i got it...the toles had a cigarete burn on it....i was playing...i dont really care about it tho...mine was like 670

• Members

While were talking Velocettes/Goldtones, how bout we share what pedals we like with em?

Mine has lately sparked an interest in a variety of dirt. I have a Monkey Fuzzle 3 and a Rat2 which are both nice with the Goldtone. I've got a Hotcake on the way, which is supposed to be a good EL84 overdrive. Some love it, some hate it, thought I'd give it a try. Also, my Zvex Super Hard On is great with the Goldtone.

DOD FX90 Analog Delay is pretty nice with it too. My reissue Small Stone is nice, but I need to mod it for the volume drop.

Any dirt or other pedals you like with the Velocette?

• Members

Originally posted by Echotraveler

its the same circuit, gibson bought the velocette from trace elliot.....in fact gibson absorbed trace elliot......and the velos are GOLDTONES, i thinkg the they come in 1x10, 1x12, combined 12 and 10, and 2x12....they are {censored}ing expensive

Main difference apart from the cosmetics is that the Velocette Twins had 10" speakers, the Goldtone Twins had 12"s.

I wanted one of these SO bad, and I didn't buy a Goldtone when I had the chance because it was about

• Members

Originally posted by zhivago

I reckon it won't be
that
hard to find a velocette like yours in the UK, actualy.

there were
loads
around...especialy a little bit before Trace Elliot was bought up.

;)

yes, there evenstill are NOS Velocettes to be had over here, I'm keeping a permanent watch and am waiting until these are dumped and hopefully sold cheap

• Members

Originally posted by chrisjnyc

Found a deal on a Goldtone!

I just got one for $400 out the door in pristine condition. Second-best sounding amp I've ever heard, behind the Vibro King (but that one's all about the reverb). There's another one for $475 shipped on the HC classifieds. The seller is a forumite (I think his moniker is king albert something or other).

GA-15RV

• Members

I say this because of the features (esp. the blendable inputs).

Anyway, Gibson is taking names of its older amps and putting them on new products. Also, they're abandoning the whole idea of simplicity for some reason. It really, really worked on the Goldtones. Honestly, I never though anything by Gibson would be UNDERhyped! But, this is how I stole my new amp for $400.

• 14 years later...

Archived