tech 21 sans amp classic--meh

papa taco

• Members

I've got one of these. I've had it for a few years. It's kind of on the fritz, it doesn't seem to work in "vintage tube mode" nor does the ac adapter work. I played around with it this weekend with Les Paul, Fulltone 70 and headphones. Kind of cool, but...quite frankly it stinks. There's some decent tones in there in some settings but they're hard to find. I had a POD before and got rid of it because it didn't sound that great to me, but it wasn't this bad.

What's the best choice for playing through headphones for practicing? The Vox Tonelab?

Anything else? Something all tube would be cool, like a nano with built in load and speaker sims and headphone/line out.

taco

• Members

Originally posted by papa taco

I've got one of these. I've had it for a few years. It's kind of on the fritz, it doesn't seem to work in "vintage tube mode" nor does the ac adapter work. I played around with it this weekend with Les Paul, Fulltone 70 and headphones. Kind of cool, but...quite frankly it stinks. There's some decent tones in there in some settings but they're hard to find. I had a POD before and got rid of it because it didn't sound that great to me, but it wasn't this bad.

I'm having a similar issue, the SansAmp is the best thing I've found for running direct to a board, but mine is dying. The issue I have is with digital modelers is that you can get some nasty artifacts when you push them with a lot of gain, but I haven't tried the very latest models.

Archived