How would this rig work?

blackrose

• Members

Say I had this gear..... how would I hook it up?

Rack:

Boss GT-Pro - BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer - Mesa Boogie Rectifier Stereo 2: 100 - Mesa 4x12

Floor: FC-200 Midi controller - Boss RC-20 Looper

I've been told I could use the GT-Pro as a Preamp through the Boogie Power amp. I'm not an expert on midi, but I imagine the FC-200 could give me complete control over the entire rig. I'm just wondering how I would connect all of this and in what order.

• Members

Originally posted by blackrose

Say I had this gear..... how would I hook it up?

Rack:

Boss GT-Pro - BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer - Mesa Boogie Rectifier Stereo 2: 100 - Mesa 4x12

Floor: FC-200 Midi controller - Boss RC-20 Looper

I've been told I could use the GT-Pro as a Preamp through the Boogie Power amp. I'm not an expert on midi, but I imagine the FC-200 could give me complete control over the entire rig. I'm just wondering how I would connect all of this and in what order.

first you'd have to plug everything in to the wall. then connect each piece with the appropriate sized patch cable. make sure you don't use patch cable for speaker cable, or you'll blow up the whole thing. then turn on each piece, and stand back in case it blows up. once you're certain its not going to go haywire on you, plug your guitar in, and hit the standby on the power amp. as long as you don't plug the power amp into through the preamp, you should be fine.

• Members

At the risk of it blowing up:

Guitar --> Boss GTPro

Boss GTPro Effects Loop Send --> RC20 --> BBE --> Boss GTPro Effects Loop Return

Boss GTPro Output --> Mesa Preamp in (or something like that, if it has one)

The Looper is the tricky one because it depends on what you want to do with it and it depends on where the effects are processed (before or after the loop) on the GTPro.

• Members

Originally posted by slaws

At the risk of it blowing up:

Guitar --> Boss GTPro

Boss GTPro Effects Loop Send --> RC20 --> BBE --> Boss GTPro Effects Loop Return

Boss GTPro Output --> Mesa Preamp in (or something like that, if it has one)

The Looper is the tricky one because it depends on what you want to do with it and it depends on where the effects are processed (before or after the loop) on the GTPro.

That's the one that had me stumped. I would think at the end of the chain so that it loops everything coming into it.

Archived