Jump to content

I'm a bastard...


(((echo)))

Recommended Posts

  • Members
Originally posted by BillyGrahamCracker



Well, I'd heard talk of it here and there (mind you, my family had moved to northern Minnesota during my teenage years, so I had to do my "exploring" of the city's fun once they moved back when I was in college and came home for the summers).


My uncle and cousin had mentioned it, but said it was an urban legend. Other people said it was a commune of midgets who lived behind the Rumpke dump and worked there. My mom said there was a place back there when she was a kid in the 60s that gave hayrides.


So, we set out to find it. Turns out we didn't find any midgets (I can't say if there are or aren't any), but DID find "Handlebar Ranch," this creepy place made up of sheds and farm equipment and trucks and a trailerhome or two that were all painted brightly or psychadelically.


To get there, you have to drive north on Colerain until you cross over I-275. Then you'll pass the Walmart shopping center and then you'll turn right on the first main road (the one that leads to the Rumpke dump). You'll take that maybe a mile. Then turn left on some road that starts with an H (can't remember, but maybe Hughes or Hayes?) You'll take that to its end, where you'll find Handlebar Ranch. Like I said, we never saw any midgets, but when we'd go out there at night, we often saw this little old lady sitting under a porchlight reading. VERY creepy place.



yeah i know where that is!

:)

-am

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Originally posted by themusicdude



yeah i know where that is!


:)

-am



A rather creepy aside. The first summer we were looking for it, there was a young girl who went missing. After like a month, some old guy from her apartment complex came forward (he worked at Rumpke) and admitted to kidnapping and killing her. He led them to the body (behind the dump, on the side of the road that starts with an "H") and it turns out we'd been driving past her for the whole month when we were making our little expeditions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by BillyGrahamCracker



A rather creepy aside. The first summer we were looking for it, there was a young girl who went missing. After like a month, some old guy from her apartment complex came forward (he worked at Rumpke) and admitted to kidnapping and killing her. He led them to the body (behind the dump, on the side of the road that starts with an "H") and it turns out we'd been driving past her for the whole month when we were making our little expeditions.

 

 

Gee, um, didn't that smell bad?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by elcastigo



Gee, um, didn't that smell bad?

 

 

Like I said, we were driving past it. The rest of the summer, though, we were driving past the teddy bears and tributes that folks left. The dirty old {censored}er took her from the convenience store on Colerain and whatever that road is that borders the north end of Northgate Mall. She was a black girl and the {censored}ers that ran the convenience store would only let two children at a time into the store. She was FIVE {censored}ING YEARS OLD, and those dirty bastards made her stand outside alone and that's when she got taken. They should've gotten the chair just the same as the guy who killed her should've.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by BillyGrahamCracker



Like I said, we were driving past it. The rest of the summer, though, we were driving past the teddy bears and tributes that folks left. The dirty old {censored}er took her from the convenience store on Colerain and whatever that road is that borders the north end of Northgate Mall. She was a black girl and the {censored}ers that ran the convenience store would only let two children at a time into the store. She was FIVE {censored}ING YEARS OLD, and those dirty bastards made her stand outside alone and that's when she got taken. They should've gotten the chair just the same as the guy who killed her should've.

 

 

Yeah, I often forget about the bull{censored} (racist and otherwise) in my hometown. People think that it must have been idyllic to grow up there, but I have always felt that it had MORE than its share of nasty people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by elcastigo



Yeah, I often forget about the bull{censored} (racist and otherwise) in my hometown. People think that it must have been idyllic to grow up there, but I have always felt that it had MORE than its share of nasty people.

 

 

But most everywhere is just as racist; it's just more blatant in Cincy. I think it's WORSE in other places, like Milwaukee, where it's not talked about but is still there. At least in Cincy there's something visible to confront.

 

That being said, back when all of those riots occurred because of the cops, that was just stupid Sharpton-planned media-whoring. I mean, they made a big deal of three guys getting shot by cops. Two of them were mental cases who attacked female cops (one with a brick and the other tried to carjack her, shooting her, before she was able to blow his head off). The third was a WHITE person who attacked a cop with a samurai sword. But nobody mentioned that he wasn't black. (The reason I know his race is because I had him as a patient).

 

Either way, there ARE a lot of awful, racist people there, but no more so than anywhere else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...