UPS makes me want to kill sometimes

jcn37203

• Members

I bought something from ebay, and I wasn't home when they tried the first delivery.

So I took the ticket, went to the website and redirected it to my office.

The next morning it says the sender has requested the item be held at the customer center for pick up.

I contacted the sender, he denies it.

I've had UPS make mistakes like this in the past.

So the problem is the customer center is a total pain in the ass.

So this morning I bit the bullet and just left work and drove out there. Only to learn that they don't open until 2.

So I had to come back to work empty-handed. I could try to leave again in 30 minutes, but I'm seriously considering just letting them keep it.

• Members

Originally posted by lowroadrevival

What you need to do if you miss it is call them and tell them you need a TODAY pickup. Then you'll be able to go over to UPS and pick it up when the truck is back in (around 7pm) the same day. Of course that's onjly feasable is the UPS depot is close to you, mine is.

I've had to do this several times when I was living in an apartment and they wouldn't leave packages.

Pain in the ass, but you get your stuff the same day.

• Members

I went up there and picked it up, and the {censored}ing asked for my ID.

They've never done that before.

Is this a new UPS policy, or did the shipper use some super secret shipping option?

Normally my driver leaves stuff on my porch, which is why I didn't send it to my office to begin with.

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

I went up there and picked it up, and the {censored}ing asked for my ID.

They've never done that before.

Is this a new UPS policy, or did the shipper use some super secret shipping option?

Normally my driver leaves stuff on my porch, which is why I didn't send it to my office to begin with.

They always ask me for photo ID.

They don't leave stuff on my porch, and for that i am glad. I'm borderline hood over here.

• Members

Originally posted by PB Wilson

Our UPS office always asks for ID before turning over a package. A less-ethically-minded person could grab a bunch of UPS notices from their neighbor's porches and have xmas every week if they didn't.

If they can get the ticket, they can redirect the package.

• Members

I don't know how vindictive you are or how much money you've got to burn, but you could spend $28 a week for daily pickups and never have anything going out. It really steams the driver's clams when they come all the way up the driveway and get out and ring the doorbell when there's nothing going out. You know you're starting to get to him when he gives you his direct cell # and asks you to call for pick up only when you have something going out (they don't want you to call dispatch because they're not supposed to do that). Then you go down to the pub and sharpie his cell # on the bathroom wall.

Archived