Line 6 Echo Park... any good?

Chriss

• Members

I use it for quite a while now (around 8 months or so, I forgot).
I love it, and I have 4 of the most acclaimed analog delays too! (MXR Analog Delay, DOD 680 Delay, Boss DM-2, Ibanez AD9)

Just give it its OWN REGULATED psu, and you'll be fine. No noise whatsoever.

Even the noise that mine got, when daisychained was still negligible when used with distortion.
Clean it was just audible enough to be annoying.

• Members

I've owned one for about 6 months and tried it with and without its own power supply. I notice no difference with either; it adds a bit of white noise to the signal but IMO it makes up for it with features such as a tap tempo and its selectable delay modes.

• Members

Used one for about 4/5 months now, powered from a PP2+. No noise issues at all - the only niggle is a slight boost when engaged but it isn't enough to cause a problem. The dual function switch works a treat for tap tempo and the range of modes is incredible for a compact pedal. In sold my DL-4 for the Echo Park and personally I wouldn't go back.

Shame it gets a lot of bad press really. Ah well, means cheaper deals for those of us who do rate them I guess. ;)

• Members
Originally posted by porsch8

What if i use my power supply with the 9V plug adapter...meaining..i am not using the 9V output, but rather the actual battery output but with the converter plug.

The noise anybetter then??

I doubt it. Battery power is invariably quieter.

• Members

Originally posted by hangwire

why?

Why do I like it better than the DL-4? Because the DL-4 totally changes your sound by making it thinner and adds high end. It is fine with clean sounds but with dirt, I can't deal with it. The EP gives me all the features and sounds I want and keeps my sound intact.

• Members

Originally posted by Arjae

Why do I like it better than the DL-4? Because the DL-4 totally changes your sound by making it thinner and adds high end. It is fine with clean sounds but with dirt, I can't deal with it. The EP gives me all the features and sounds I want and keeps my sound intact.

Agreed. There's no question that the newer ones are more nuetral than the DL-4. The noise issues are gone as well.

• Members

superb pedal! I've tested it alongside a EHX deluxememoryman, Diamond pedals Memory Lane, Line6 Dl-4 and Boss DD20. IMO: the first two pedals have more 'mojo' , are build better and sound maybe 5% better, but the echopark has waywayway more options and is cheaper. The Dl-4 and DD20 just can't touch the echopark soundwise. The dl-4 changes the signal to much and the DD20 lacks the richness of the tape and analog models that the Line6 delays have. Best delay for the money. :thu:

• Members

I have an echo park that I never use because of the whitenoise - it is very distracting. If I take the echo park out of the chain, everything is quiet again.

It's not a power supply issue either - i've tried it by itself on a regulated 9v dc adapter (boss psa, no daisy chaining), pedalpower 2, and battery... all the same outcome.

It is silent when it is bypassed AND trails switch is off. It is noisy when the effect is engaged. It is also noisy when it is bypassed, but the trails switch is set to on.

Those with an echo park that doesn't have any noise issues, can you please check what version you have?

instructions on how to check the version is on http://www.vettaville.nl/vvtonecore.htm#7

Thanks!

- tragicmagic

• Members

Originally posted by exploradorable

HOW GOOD IS THE REVERSE SOUND, DOOSHBAGS?

To be honest man, thats a dumb question. How can anyone explain how good a reverse sound is?

Its doing just that, sampling your playing and reversing it.. How good do you want it to be? Its a digital delay for gods sake, its gonna be point perfect sampling and 100% mix capability...

• Members

Originally posted by tragicmagic

I have an echo park that I never use because of the whitenoise - it is very distracting. If I take the echo park out of the chain, everything is quiet again.

It's not a power supply issue either - i've tried it by itself on a regulated 9v dc adapter (boss psa, no daisy chaining), pedalpower 2, and battery... all the same outcome.

It is silent when it is bypassed AND trails switch is off. It is noisy when the effect is engaged. It is also noisy when it is bypassed, but the trails switch is set to on.

Those with an echo park that doesn't have any noise issues, can you please check what version you have?

instructions on how to check the version is on

Thanks!

- tragicmagic

Mine is a version 1.0. I checked it recently. I also have zero noise with mine.

• Members
Originally posted by Chriss

OK, then, I'm getting one! Thanks for all the info.
:thu:

well I just demo'ed one again... and this pedal sucks in my opinion...

the reverse delay doesn't do just one repeat even if the repeats knob is zero'ed... it glicthes too if you play another line after the reverse is done... it rushed a piece of the new phrase quickly in...

also, I hope there is a way to turn off the tap tempo on the thing... it was very annoying that I could tap in a shorter delay time than I could dial in with the knob :mad:

avoid this pedal...

Archived