I just scored a ps3...

rydia is hot

• Members

Wohoo! The PS-3 is a bag of fun. Congrats! So many sounds in there.

My PS-3 was sitting unused for a while, then went away on loan to someone doing an album,

NOW however I have the EV-5 expression pedal for it and it's totally bitching for that MBV 'crapped out cassette' vibrato - I took a gamble that the EV-5 would enable smooth pitch shifting (as opposed to semitone increments as per the knobs) and I was RIGHT! Scored the PS-3 for $75 US a year or two ago and the EV-5 for about $35 so I'm pretty happy with them.

Now I wanna try a PS-2 for it's oscillaltion capabilities....

• Members
Originally posted by Boron

Wohoo! The PS-3 is a bag of fun. Congrats! So many sounds in there.

My PS-3 was sitting unused for a while, then went away on loan to someone doing an album,

NOW however I have the EV-5 expression pedal for it and it's totally bitching for that MBV 'crapped out cassette' vibrato - I took a gamble that the EV-5 would enable smooth pitch shifting (as opposed to semitone increments as per the knobs) and I was RIGHT! Scored the PS-3 for $75 US a year or two ago and the EV-5 for about $35 so I'm pretty happy with them.

Now I wanna try a PS-2 for it's oscillaltion capabilities....

:D Sounds really cool! I am definately thinking expression pedal now!

• Members
Originally posted by Hopeless Romantic

:D
Sounds really cool! I am definately thinking expression pedal now!

yeah - it's like a whole nother level to the pedal - You can also set the 'on board' sweep range of the expression pedal to really narrow in on what you're after - so for manual vibrato sounds (like MBV) I set the Pitch{censored}ing to just a semitone difference and either use the exp pedal sparingly or wind back the range so you get like a quarter tone or less.

very :cool:

Archived