OT: Tanning.....

wacopacco

• Members

nope, i am perfectly happy with my pale white arse as it is, i feel no need to go and burn up my skin to make my look tanned

i was amused with some lady in my work last week, obviously one of the 'older' ladies who try too hard and buy all the anti aging creams and that nonsense, and was insanely tanned, to the point it just looked stupid, beng slightly tanned can be nice, then you get to the rather tanned, and then you get her

David

• Members
Originally posted by Fusion1

you mean leather face... like that old broad from "Something About Mary" Cameron Diaz'es aunt or something. All wrinkly and fake tanned.

yeah, when folks actually are ORANGE! Like Hulk Hogan... :eek:

very unnatural.
I'm getting to pale for my own good (eventhough I look Greek/Italian in the summer), so I might go to a tanning studio one of these days.

• Members
Originally posted by sstim8or

UV light makes you tan. UV light also destroys nearly everything it touches, given enough time. Going to a tanning booth is just like smoking a cigarette in terms of risk.

yea same with breathing in second hand smoke, car exaust, gas fumes, pretty much everyday living. I'm in no way gonna get a dark tan, just some color to make me look like it's summer again. The only time i go outside now it when i'm walking to my car. It's just way to cold out. So i'm figuring twice a week will get some healthy color back on me.

• Members

Originally posted by wacopacco

yea same with breathing in second hand smoke, car exaust, gas fumes, pretty much everyday living.

Actually, no it's not the same as everyday living. Not even close. It's concentrated UV light an inch from your unprotected skin. Hardly worth the risk for nothing more than vanity's sake IMHO.

We all have to sleep in the bed we make, and I'm hardly one to point fingers. Just a little sensitive because of what some loved ones have had to endure. Sorry to be such a downer.

Archived