SPAM Thread: Katilsday Edition

box handler

• Members

Originally posted by box handler

I'm ashamed of you guys! It's almost 11:30 central time.

Looking for a good OD/fuzz. I decided that I AM looking for transparency, so that I can really use my tone knob to affect the sound. Medium gain. I have about $150 +/- to spend.

Feel like checking out the OD in my sig? Not sure it's exactly what you're after, but knowing your rig and tastes, I think you'd dig it.

• Members

Originally posted by box handler

I'm ashamed of you guys! It's almost 11:30 central time.

Looking for a good OD/fuzz. I decided that I AM looking for transparency, so that I can really use my tone knob to affect the sound. Medium gain. I have about $150 +/- to spend.

I have none to sell, but I have the same amp (Goldtone GA15RV) and also play a Tele. I just got a Hotcake, because they're good w/ Voxes, and it is amazing with the Goldtone. That's a great OD for you to try. Maybe see if Tonefactor has one?

I also just got a Monkey Fuzzle 3, which is a great fuzz. Silicon, in fuzz face style circuit (also at Tonefactor if they have them in stock). It will also work well with your setup. Its pretty fuzzy especially on the low end, but still lets the high end come through relatively clear. The neck pickup is super fuzzy, the bridge isn't that fuzzy. I like the middle position, where the tone knob will be very useful for controlling the fuzz.

These are two I recommend giving a spin.

• Members

1. Boss FZ-2 Hyper Fuzz: One of my absolute favorite nasty-spitting fuzzes. I have two of these, which is silly. This one came to me with a broken on/off switch, which I have replaced with a new one; and the volume knob is tilted slightly but works fine (the top part of the shaft was bent somehow). $63 shipped in the US.

2. I'm thinking of putting a Warmoth Telecaster Thinline body on eBay, but I'll make sure no one here wants it first. It's all mahogany, routed from behind (so no pickguard needed), with a string-through-body bridge and two Vintage Vibe Guitars P-90 soapbar pickups all included. Semi-hollow, F hole, standard Tele controls. Here are pics:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b208/prayerbear69/hollowtelebody001.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b208/prayerbear69/hollowtelebody002.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b208/prayerbear69/hollowtelebody003.jpg

It feels and sounds great. But read the following! I'm selling it because I did a lousy job with the finish, and don't have the time or resources to do it properly. I applied a water-based clear/orange finish, but I don't have proper sanding/buffing tools and applied the finish unevenly, so the glossiness on the top and back is not even, while the finish on the sides is spotty and blotchy. (I tried to show this in the third photo, but it's hard to pick up with the camera.) So anyone buying this should either (a) be able to do a better job with a new finish, or (b) not care what it looks like. It's a beautiful piece of wood, and could look wonderful if someone who knew what her or she was doing took over the project. In addition, the tone knob is scratchy-sounding when turned, and ought to be replaced eventually.

I think I've covered everything. With the pickups and hardware included, $275 shipped in the US; without the electronics, $220 shipped.

Paypal, money orders, or your mother's diamond wedding ring welcome.

• Members

Hey Boxhandler, I have an OCD that I'm kinda on the fence about. It sounds great, but the SD2in1 has been kicking my ass recently and I'm not sure if I need the OCD. I'm in Evanston. You're welcome to stop by and check it out if you like. I'm going to try it at a higher gain setting at rehearsal Sat. night. I figure I'll decide if stays after that. There you have it. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

Archived