OT: This just arrived here via DHL

sh333

• Members

metro_2.jpg

metro_1.jpg

This is the new Atom amps Metroliner Amp. Truly an amazing amp. Very Pure guitar tone.

I have owned so many amps over the years and this one is among the best I have had. Just pure simple tone. Lightweight, not overbearingly loud, looks beautiful. What more could you want?

:D

• Members

Originally posted by Ecc83

What a Beautiful amp!!!

After you play with it for a while could you post a review?

Will do. I have only had a half hour to monkey with it so far.

Amazing the amount of really different sounds you can get with just a tweak of your tone and vol on a pair of nice pickups thru' this thing.

• Members

Originally posted by ginnboonmiller

Freaking H-O-T-T hott.

Looks kinda Fender Princeton-y to me -- is that the idea?

It is a 2xEL84 amp. Likely 15 or so watts. Minimal circuitry, excellent workmanship = Maximum Tone it seems. The Celestion Blue is a perfect match.

Don't get me wrong, I love old fenders as much as any one else, but Leo had it totally wrong with 6V6's and 6L6's. EL84's are a much more toneful tube IMHO.

• Members

Originally posted by The Gainster

Larry and John are a great team!!!!

This is me all the way:

Image163_790px.jpg

:)

That is a pretty bad-ass looking version :evil:

Hell, they all look amazing. My amp tech is of the opinion that there is no one better than Larry Rodgers when it comes to cabs and my tech is incredibly picky.

• Members

I still haven't had the chance to really run it wide open in a band setting, but I think I pretty much grasp what it is about at this point.

At almost any volume setting, it is toneful and very large-sounding if you know what I mean. I was using my Yamaha SBG-3000 which has coil taps for each pick-up and I could nail some amazingly jangly strat and Tele tones with the Tone set about 12 noon. This amp has plenty of top end, but a very healthy bottom end chunk. Almost doesn't seem possible, given that it is a single 12" in an open back cab, but it got a really chunky power chord sound with the Yammie on the bridge humbucker. Think Marshall 18 watter or Vox AC30 but at a lower output. I think the speaker is a great choice for this amp.

All of this, is prior to engaging the bright switch. Engaging the Bright Switch seems to do much more than simply boost the high end. The amp gets audibly louder and more defined, maye a little tighter. Almost like a subtle mid boost in addition to the high end boost.

Honeymoon period aside, this amp is a keeper for me. Very few items are keepers any more for me (too much like a pusher snorting up his product :)). I usually bring in one or two amps by each manufacturer to use as demos here with the intention of being able to sell them to customers if they are not keen on waiting for a new one to arrive via post. In this case, no way. I am keeping this one for me! :love: Don't mention this to my wife. ;)

If anyone wants to check the amp out in person and you are near enough to do so (Ontario), just email me.

Archived