OT: Ricky Williams

blaghaus

• Members

Originally posted by blaghaus

I dont think he should have come back. I admired the fact he didn't want to play a game he didn't enjoy, regardless of the fame and money. I don't understand why he came back.

He came back because the Dolpins threatened to sue him for a big chunk of his signing bonus, which had pretty much already been spent. The decision to come back and play football again was all about finances.

• Members

I kinda suspect that he discovered that he could leave all the fame and money to pursue his spiritual growth, or he could pursue his spiritual growth without dealing with lawyers about his broken contract and make a few million dollars a year for doing it.

Cynical as that sounds, I say good for him. If it took him time away from football to figure that out, then he needed it, and a lot of folks that need it wouldn't take it. It's gonna take just as much strength to deal with the {censored}storm surrounding his return to football as it took to deal with the {censored}storm surrounding his departure.

• Members
Originally posted by delorean

yeah, that's one to ponder. and while we're at it, {censored} all the pundits who got on his case about quitting. stupid bandwagonners.

yeah, they laugh off public orgies, wife beating, fan beating, drugs, you name it. but two things you can't do? Smoke weed or celebrate outlandishly.:confused:

• Members

Originally posted by ginnboonmiller

I kinda suspect that he discovered that he could leave all the fame and money to pursue his spiritual growth, or he could pursue his spiritual growth without dealing with lawyers about his broken contract and make a few million dollars a year for doing it.

Cynical as that sounds, I say good for him. If it took him time away from football to figure that out, then he needed it, and a lot of folks that need it wouldn't take it. It's gonna take just as much strength to deal with the {censored}storm surrounding his return to football as it took to deal with the {censored}storm surrounding his departure.

Didn't know about the contract thing. I've not been folowing that closely. I'm not a big NFL follower. That said, I really like this guy.

Archived