Caffine Withdrawls Are Rough!! OT:

KjStrat62

• Members

Originally posted by KjStrat62

I was a heavy Mt Dew drinker till a few days ago. It's been 3 days. I averaged about 4 liters a day. Now it's been 3 days. Headache city.!!. Mood is ok but am tired as well. Any home remedy's!!!??

go on a sliding scale.

Drink 3L +1L water for a week

then 2L+2L water for the week after that

then 1L+3L water after that....

etc etc etc

water is better for you anyway

• Members

Originally posted by Leftside

The first (and only) time I got my hands on some absinthe, it was that stuff... and it was free. Good stuff, no hangover.

Did you do the whole sugar/fire thing?

I had the worst hangover after drinking absinthe in Prague. Got wasted in seconds, and was found at about 4am slumped in a club moaning about not being able to see....

• Members

I used to drink tea or moderately sweetened coffee all day long, but almost six months ago I replaced it with three litres of water and my sugar fix now comes from kiwi fruit and apples...

Best move I ever made, never felt better.

Now, if I could only give up chocolate and smokes.

• Members

last may, i was going to ireland for maymester. i'd been wanting to kick the caffeine habit for a while, and figured i was gonna be all tired b/c of jet lag anyways, so i had one coke in the airport before we left the states. none since then (occasional sip of my girlfriend's sweet tea or coke, but that's only if we're at a restaurant and my water or sprite is empty).

i can actually sleep now! used to take me 30 minutes - hour and a half to fall asleep, regardless of when i had the caffeine. i also have more energy during the day, and feel pretty good as soon as i wake up in the morning.

• Members

Originally posted by ginnboonmiller

You're kidding, right? It's the highest caffeine content of just about any common sody pop on the market.

But maybe KJ should be more worried about diabetes. I wish that were a joke.

maybe australia is like canada in that they limit their caffeine.

i too have this problem. i go through a 6 pack of diet mountain dew dailey. and if i try to go a day without i get intense headaches. it sucks.

• Members

I tend to drink 3-4 cups of coffee or tea a day, but generally not much on the soft drinks front. I can usually sleep OK, but a few weeks back, my girlfriend bought me one of those coffee makers you put on the oven:

brikka.jpg

I didn't realise it made espresso strength coffee, so I poured myself a big ol' mug of it, then had another to finish it off. Damn! I felt like :freak: this dude. It was like I was headbanging standing still, and I had the whole comedy "on-drugs" thing going on. I've been trying to cut down since.

I get caffeine withdrawal headaches if I don't drink any coffee, but drinking lots of water definitely makes life easier.

• Members

Originally posted by amanonfire

maybe australia is like canada in that they limit their caffeine.

i too have this problem. i go through a 6 pack of diet mountain dew dailey. and if i try to go a day without i get intense headaches. it sucks.

Canadian Mountain Dew has no caffeine. Its due to some old law that clear, non cola soft drinks can't have caffeine in them.

And I thought I drank a lot of Coke. Some of you guys make me look in an amateur in the pop department.

Archived