speaking of forumite shoving bad clips down your throat

capnbringdown

• Members

Listen to this and tell me if I ripped it off of someone. It sounds oddly familiar, but I can't figure out what it could be. I want to claim it as my own but not if its stolen. You'll have to excuse the tone, its just the sansamp gt-2, the only thing I have here that can go direct, and I'm well aware that the playing is more than to be desired, its still a work in progress. I need to practice it a lot more to get the changes better. This was pretty early, as after I've dug in for awhile, I get a better groove going but my wrist is starting to hurt, so this is it for now.

http://myspace.com/capnbringdown

The track in question should be Untitled #7 (un7.mp3)

There are others there, too. Your input would be appreciated, as I'm sending these to someone to see if they want me to join their band.

• Members

Originally posted by capnbringdown

Well maybe not a sticky, but I'm still trying to figure out how to upload on myspace.

I tried uploading onto myspace and it keeps telling me my mp3 file is not an image file, this is in the mp3 upload prompt

• Members

Goddammit! Now you're going to have ME up all night trying to figure out what song you stole that from. And that's a bit shrill-sounding. Maybe I should post my drunken acoustic cover of "All By Myself" in order to make some of these clips sound good (a few folks here have heard it, and mind you, it's a couple years old, at least).

• Members

Originally posted by BillyGrahamCracker

Goddammit! Now you're going to have ME up all night trying to figure out what song you stole that from. And that's a bit shrill-sounding. Maybe I should post my drunken acoustic cover of "All By Myself" in order to make some of these clips sound good (a few folks here have heard it, and mind you, it's a couple years old, at least).

You were actually able to listen to my link?

• Members

jcn, you and I are a little doofusy for not cutting and pasting the URL to get around the hotlink.

Anyway, I don't recognize the riff. Go crazy with it like only you can. It's a modern classic of the capnbringdown era. A hootenany of mild depression. A festival of resigned sighs translated to the guitar.

And turn down the treble on that amp a little bit.

• Members
Originally posted by jcn37203

Is posting files really that complicated?

I realize I spend more time online than any sane person should, so maybe it seems easier to me than it is. But I just don't get why it's such a hassle.

:confused:

Well I can't speak for everyone, but I think having to have the page zoomed in to 200% is causing some of the problems. That, and I'm not familiar with myspace's layout, so I don't know how they do it. It should be incredible easy, and I'm sure once I figure it out, I'll be kicking myself in the crotch, but until then, would you care to impart this wisdom upon me? Because, believe it or not, I actually do know a little about computers and feel like a complete and total {censored}ing moron that I can't figure out how to upload something to myspace.

• Members

Originally posted by ginnboonmiller

jcn, you and I are a little doofusy for not cutting and pasting the URL to get around the hotlink.

Anyway, I don't recognize the riff. Go crazy with it like only you can. It's a modern classic of the capnbringdown era. A hootenany of mild depression. A festival of resigned sighs translated to the guitar.

And turn down the treble on that amp a little bit.

I didn't see this post. I'm not ignoring you. I think the treble is mostly the sansamp gt-2. Thankfully I sold it, but now I need to get a new toy to play with direct. It also may have something to do with jacking the tone knobs on my strat all the way up and selecting pos.1 on my strat. I still got to figure out the solo for it, though. I haven't found anything that sounds right.

Archived