Paging sh333...

jove

• Members

Very glad that I was fully clothed :)

I don't have the record, in fact I was never a super huge fan of the The Catherine Wheel strangely enough. I did just throw on Happy Days just now though.

Do you know if there are any MP3 samples of the new album anywhere. I would like to give them a chance for sure.

• Members

Oh sorry, maybe it was the Boo radley's that you're a fan of? I know you like Swervedriver from the same period ... anyway, no I don't have an mp3 but if I dig it up I'll send you one or a link to your website.

seeya

• Members
Originally posted by jove

Oh sorry, maybe it was the Boo radley's that you're a fan of? I know you like Swervedriver from the same period ... anyway, no I don't have an mp3 but if I dig it up I'll send you one or a link to your website.

seeya

Thanks man, I am fairly rabid for the swervies :D

• Members

the new RD record is great, as was his recent local set. KCRW was hosting both audio & video versions of a in-studio set a couple weeks back.

i've got the recent local set taped, came out pretty good, for those that want a copy. pm me.

• Members

I just listened to the 3 tunes there.
Think I liked "Intelligent People" the best.
It's a little too pop-oriented for me now that I hear it again.
The other day when I first heard it, I was just happily suprised to hear anything on commercial radio that had an authentic late 80's/early-90's sound, which these songs definitely do.
Mind you, they are very likeable, just not breaking any walls with these diddy's.
Glad to hear his quality, recognizable voice again, I had a brief but quality flirtation with the Catherine Wheel back in the day.

"Black Metallic" was an ass-kickin' single.
Oh yeah, and so was "Crank."
Jeez, I remeber those melodies clearly now, 10 yrs. later.

AND
Isn't he cousin's with the singer from Iron Maiden ???

Run to the hills
Run for your life!

• Members

Originally posted by jove

....AND

Isn't he cousin's with the singer from Iron Maiden ???

Run to the hills

Run for your life!

indeed he is.

'Handsome' is perhaps my fav track off the new record, or maybe even the lead-off track 'My Name Is Love.' Pop for certain, but he does it well.

if you've not had the chance yet, have a sit-down with Adam and Eve. akin to a mid-seventies Floyd album in terms of continuity, its got some of their best-written/arranged tunes, and production that far exceeds that of most of their catalog.

Archived