Hornsby-Skewes Zonk machine / Shatterbox

sh333

• Members

Howdy,

David from D*A*M* has agreed to work up a run of dead-on Hornsby-Skewes shatterboxes for me. The shatterbox is essentially the Hornsby Skewes Zonk Machine with a built in treble booster which if all goes well will facilitate via footswitch the amazing swell fuzz feature that the Zonk Machine gives when treble boosted.

shatterbx.jpg

I sold one of my Zonk Machines to the fine people at tonefrenzy.com a very long time ago and they did very representative sound samples of it:

Zonk machine samples

It is one of my favourite all-time vintage fuzzes and both David and I figured there would be others interested in owning a replica of such a rare and elusive pedal.

He is going to put together a test unit that he will test against the original circuit. From there, I will put together an order of pedals that I will sell directly via my webpage:

axeandyoushallreceive.com

David makes amazing replicas of vintage pedals IMHO, so i am pretty stoked to be moving forward with this. I will update this post with more info and prices etc. when I get it all figured out.

• 3 years later...
  • Members

The Shatterbox is actually the Zonk II and treble booster, not the original Zonk. The distinction being the Zonk II is a silicon fuzz. I don't think David ever did clone these, possibly because he says he think they should be called the "{censored}terbox".

Archived